SMD/LVL 5 Warhorse F150. 10/18 new XS POWER

yep there just arent too many tryin to get an f150 loud. I mean whats the fun in doin a 150 in an SUV. Playing music 150+ in an F150 is fucking impressive. I think I am going to have to replace my back window with 1 solid piece, that damn sliding window rattles too much and I cant stand it. I might try going subs forward first to see if that gets rid of some of that rattle. Once you get your dual alt in do yourself a favor and wire your stock location alt to your front batt and your dual to your back batteries and run separate charging systems. Run your 4channels off the front battery and your sub amps off the back batts. Doing it this was you can set your dual alt to charge at 14.9 and will see more power out of that one alt than you do out of the combo of 2 alts with the CPU fuckin with the charging voltage.

Don't replace it, a solid one is worse it will blow the seal, go to a marine store and they have plastic/foam corner type pieces, you can put it on the two sides of the slider window and it stops it, its like a U shape, kind of hard to describe but I think you got the idea, I already have 4 runs of wire in the truck but only 2 batteries plus the stock, next week I should be buying 4 more and finally get rid of the stock pos, need to find where to get some coper bars to clean up the wiring some tho

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Don't replace it, a solid one is worse it will blow the seal, go to a marine store and they have plastic/foam corner type pieces, you can put it on the two sides of the slider window and it stops it, its like a U shape, kind of hard to describe but I think you got the idea, I already have 4 runs of wire in the truck but only 2 batteries plus the stock, next week I should be buying 4 more and finally get rid of the stock pos, need to find where to get some coper bars to clean up the wiring some tho

PM comin your way.

I think you both have forgot about me with a loud f150 aswell, Just because I dont post vids or brag doesnt mean its not true ;). I had to xl 18's on a crescendo 3k on it last week, just sold the 18's and gonna pick up 4 xl 15's and another crescendo!! Woot!

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

I think you both have forgot about me with a loud f150 aswell, Just because I dont post vids or brag doesnt mean its not true ;). I had to xl 18's on a crescendo 3k on it last week, just sold the 18's and gonna pick up 4 xl 15's and another crescendo!! Woot!

Hey all we want are some pics and to know if you figure out any tricks that make these puppies loud. Here is how I think of things on a scale of impressive loudness.

SUV-150 ehh easy now playing music at a 155 now thats impressive

Car- 145 ehh easy now playing music 150+ now thats impressive

F150- 145 ehh thats easy now playing music 150+ that damn fucking impressive.

Forget the fart cars and walls that just cheating

First off, wtf... My buddy just sent me your avatar in an email the other day. Obviously this means that yet another person you know I know now?! ;)

Second... You sold the 18's already? Fail! Going to wall it? Aaron's in town, OCB tonight? I have a MONSTER cold, but maybe I can make it out anyways.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Got up this morning and didnt know what to do today so I had some scrap MDF laying around so I decided to build a new center console. Pics first and I need some opinions on speaker configuration.

_media_external_images_media_119.jpg

_media_external_images_media_120.jpg

_media_external_images_media_123.jpg

In the next 2 pics I need opinions on which setup I should go with

first pic left no grill mounted coaxial right grill no coaxial

second pic left grill mounted as coaxial

_media_external_images_media_121.jpg

_media_external_images_media_122.jpg

that console came out really nice. I would go with the second pic

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived