Second Skin Audio

Impedence Rise?

lol.

basically impedance rise is associated with the resonance of the enclosure. simply put...the DC resistance is the measurement while the coil is inactive. once the cone starts moving, the magnetic field associated with the motor and the moving coil increase the resistance of the voicecoil. generally, the more resonant the enclosure the higher the impedance rise. just keep this in mind.

impedance = AC opposition to current flow

resistance = DC opposition to current flow

impedance rise has everything to do with the box. basically the box controls the motion of a coil through a magnetic field

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well im looking into running 3 RE REX12 on Kicker ZX1000.1 ..

They said after impedence rise, that i wont have to worry about over powering those subs ..

is this true?

nope, its not true. i am an idiot for telling you that... <_<

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

if box rise does tend to be a problem for you, you can an old db drag trick and have a big coil of wire between the subs and the amps to help get the impedance under control. ive seen several world champion cars done this way, and have had to do my own this way from time to time.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

if box rise does tend to be a problem for you, you can an old db drag trick and have a big coil of wire between the subs and the amps to help get the impedance under control. ive seen several world champion cars done this way, and have had to do my own this way from time to time.

pics? ive never heard of that.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ive had it also. A very long time ago. looked like a spool of wire.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Sorry guys, I'm a little slow :noob: If your speakers are at 1 ohm with impedence rise, does the ohm load move toward .5 or back toward 2? I once had a setup that was supposedly 1 ohm stable, but once I played it for about 30 mins, it would start to cut off. I'm guessing if was from the ohm loads were being thrown off.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX