whats wrong with the Mille mounting?

It's probably close to 90% my fault, just that its only the one bracket and if the baffle is more then 1/4" or so it just turned into a pain trying to get the small screw into the back of the tweeter just because of the narrow pillar back.

Nice pillars. See I told you you'd make it work. That does not make me warm and fuzzy btw! Ive got signature ml280's with no chambers. Still trying to figure out what to do about that. I'll probably end up using pvc caps and seeing what that will do. But As of now, Press fit looks like a good option as far as getting them attached.

Thanks, I know you've been looking all over for the backs to yours. Hope you get lucky and find some someone has laying around.

Looks good, man. Nice material choice.

Thanks!

Pics and a short vid in just a bit.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

So what do you think? I think, just judging by the video that it sounds really clear and really nice! You can definitely tell when you go out of range in the first few seconds of the video, when you looked up at the joint between the pillar and the headliner. So it seems like a nice ear level or just below listening level. But that's just by listening to the video. I wanna know what you think!

BTW, this makes me wanna go out and get mine worked on right now! I gotta figure out why they're not fitting all the way in!

I like them a lot. Really bring the stage up. And yeah I noticed that in the video too you can tell that right around ear level is the sweet spot. Not sure if it's clearly stated but the 3" mid in the pillar is not on. Waiting on the 5.1k to run those. But I can't wait to get them running I bring the rest of the music up to ear level.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Those pillars look awesome bro!

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Ya, makes me want to get mine done baddly! They're sitting in the garage now begging for some sanding. I think I've got a thick wrinkle in the back and that's what preventing them from going in all the way. But I've been so concentrated on getting the alpine thing done so I can move on with the tablet, I've kind of put the pillars on hold. I know if I could get a few hours of steady work on it, I'll get em done.

Btw, Alpine results going up tomorrow! Too tired tonight to post the 47ish pictures I have uploading!

Back to you! Looks and sounds great, and with the 3's playing too, you're gonna love it! I'd love to hear it, just never get out of cali at all! But it's all good! Keep up the good work buddy!

Looks nice man. I might be doing pillars for mine here in the next few weeks. Need to get the mid and tweet closer together, and whats better than right next to each other, lol.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Those turned out really really Nice! Great work.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

clean yo car homie lol

the pillars look great. i want to hear them

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0