jbondox Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 depends on construction of the wall and the accident steel construction like stated could help in a rollover, but in all seriousness a few bolts to the sheet metal or wood to sheet metal isn't going to be pretty if you hit an object at highway speeds.... not to mention the mass of the huge woofers most of you are running adding more stress .... have you not ever seen the crashes from when a vehicle is going through crash tests? just being realistic... and would of's - could of's can have 1,000 different possible variables. I know that no one thinks about it, but if you have a passenger, and had some crap as box that crushes them; it really is your fault... and claiming ignorance is no defense. I am sure we all seen an egg hit the floor and break by the time you are in first grade... and the wheels of the brain started turning taking it in... As a shop I have to think about all the legalities before I do anything, warranty, injury, hazards, etc... as it all comes back to the facilitator... so in a nut shell... it is all about physics... SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
VIP3R Posted September 18, 2010 Author Report Posted September 18, 2010 very true guys. very true. 2 Sundown Audio SA-10s Box built by Speed of Sound Kicker 1500.1 Infinity Ref 475a Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB XS Power D6500 Stock 130amp Alt Big 3 Build Log
smokeumtires Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 Daily Driven WALL with (4)18's here I drive to work I Tow Heavy Machinery I get groceries and Get the occasional Road Head in my truck..... No safety issues here I define DAILY GROUNDPOUNDER
assman Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 one of my buddies had a wall in his ford focus sedan,he swearved to miss a deer and rolled it a few times.The wall was the only thing that saved his life Assman IdustriesFear The DuckTeam Notoriously Loud Mafia
skittlesRgood Posted September 18, 2010 Report Posted September 18, 2010 Just don't wreck! lol I could see a 4 15" wall giving somebody a concussion in a bad fender bender ...lol lol it would do a lot more than that. it would be about 400lbs hitting out at whatever speed you were driving. so 400lbs going 40mph... youd be pretty fucked up lol. but ya, bolt everything down very well. a couple self tapping screws wont do the trick lol. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
VIP3R Posted September 19, 2010 Author Report Posted September 19, 2010 Daily Driven WALL with (4)18's here I drive to work I Tow Heavy Machinery I get groceries and Get the occasional Road Head in my truck..... No safety issues here I define DAILY GROUNDPOUNDER 2 Sundown Audio SA-10s Box built by Speed of Sound Kicker 1500.1 Infinity Ref 475a Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB XS Power D6500 Stock 130amp Alt Big 3 Build Log
VIP3R Posted September 19, 2010 Author Report Posted September 19, 2010 think a wall would be stupid in a prerunner? haha! 2 Sundown Audio SA-10s Box built by Speed of Sound Kicker 1500.1 Infinity Ref 475a Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB XS Power D6500 Stock 130amp Alt Big 3 Build Log
steven Posted September 19, 2010 Report Posted September 19, 2010 think a wall would be stupid in a prerunner? haha! New thread.
audiofanaticz Posted September 19, 2010 Report Posted September 19, 2010 one of my buddies had a wall in his ford focus sedan,he swearved to miss a deer and rolled it a few times.The wall was the only thing that saved his life Im pretty sure we have the same friend????? Pretty blue focus with 2 fi btls walled.... I got pictures someplace... To put it simple, the batteries in the trunk of the car where busted all over the side of the road. The kicker 2500.1s where laying behind the car ripped in half... Btls still in wall, but a tad damaged iirc... So I say a properly built wall is safe! IMO its just as good as a roll cage, but again, properly build, reinforced, and bolted to the vehicle (not screwed).
korey_hofer Posted September 19, 2010 Report Posted September 19, 2010 no they are not safe previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.