Sonic Electronix

with so many companies saying that anything over 1000 watts needs 0 gauge wire, why do so many companies (including fosgate) give 4 gauge power and ground inputs?

07 Corolla S

2-p3 15's in a custom fiberglass box powered by a p1001bd, Fosgate punch series components that hit 140.1 on Term Lab

07 Magnum R/T

1-??? sub powered by RF 2500-1bd, Big 3, 2-shuriken bt-120 batteries.

99 Ford F-150 Reg Cab

2-10in Powerbass ps subs in a MTX Thunderform box Powered by ASA1000.1. Hit 132.4 on Term Lab

1/0 to distro block to 4 gauge making 4gauge as short as possible is the way I do it :)

x2

4awg should not take 2k through 15ft of wire but will do just fine with 5ft from the distro block or back battery.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i dont think he was asking how to do wire the amps, i think he was refering to the fact he has been told anything above 1000watts need 0g, but obviously the amps are not built to take 0g right away.

although i think that kind of answers the question. not every install i do is trying to hit numbers, but are daily drivers and very rarely will i go above the required wiring for these normal daily setups. i mean, logic would dictate, if the amp TRULY needed 0g to run it would have it yeah?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

so i guess what you guys are saying is that it is a marketing ploy by wire companies and that there is no real advantage to running 0gauge if the amp has 4 gauge inputs. wonder how amp companies test there amps to see what they put out? wonder if they use 4 gauge to say test a p1000-1 amp?

07 Corolla S

2-p3 15's in a custom fiberglass box powered by a p1001bd, Fosgate punch series components that hit 140.1 on Term Lab

07 Magnum R/T

1-??? sub powered by RF 2500-1bd, Big 3, 2-shuriken bt-120 batteries.

99 Ford F-150 Reg Cab

2-10in Powerbass ps subs in a MTX Thunderform box Powered by ASA1000.1. Hit 132.4 on Term Lab