Sonic Electronix

does the Hifonics Brutus BXi 2610D do rated power?

ive heard that hifonics amps are for chumps and they are over rated

:No: its cheap power but they DO, do rated power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

crunch = hifonics = autotek = mb quart. same company.

they are all owned by maxxonics but its not like they are all the same board. the companies all make different products.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

just save money for 3500 and electrical. no need to waste more money.

crunch = hifonics = autotek = mb quart. same company.

Actually, there is a difference in the equipment. Hifonics makes a great amp for the price. Sure, its no 3500, but not everyone can afford one either(assuming you are referring to Sundown). Fuck saving up for one when you can buy the 2610 and an alt for the price of a slightly used 3500. Can't say I'd buy Crunch or Autotek, but love MB Quart..especially for the price.

ya dude i use to have a hifonics sub and i blew it out it was garbage couldnt handle my sony 1000 watts

LoL. I have two 12" hifonics 35 buck subs with 500 RMS going to each one with no probs. (my cheap ass budget build for my work car lol) It actually sounds good. As Kranny posted..clipping is your worse enemy.

Pot stirred.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

ive heard that hifonics amps are for chumps and they are over rated

YOU sir can blow me, and swallow my candy

but @ OP i have the 2010D although its wired @2ohms, and although i havent clamped it, it seems to be putting out the rated 1200-1300 @ 2ohms, its a great budget amp, but id save for the 3500, and get a new alt wile your at it, youll drop like crazy if you run that 3500 on a stock alt, unless you have something around 140ish amps. thats imo tho dont hold me to it

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

To get the electrical for you to get rated out safely would cost as much as getting the good amp. The hifonics amps are current hungry.

Finally. basically to answer the OPs question. Hifonics amps are current hungry and yes they do rated power but only if you can hold the 14.4v when it's making the power.

They do rated and aren't as current hungry as you guys make it out.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

the new BRZ series do rated power its their 2010 line.

its even cea certified. i have the 2100.1d and that thing destroys my kenwoods

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Good for the price but no not rated power.

yes it does.... read the posts about people who have actually clamped them instead of talking out of your ass.

Archived