Sonic Electronix

does the Hifonics Brutus BXi 2610D do rated power?

I swear i read somewhere that the 2610 was clamped at 24** watts @ 14.4. i know i read it somewhere. and the autotek mean machine amps aren't bad either, they put out just under rated. and i have an autotek sm1 1500 class a/b amp(in the closet)had it wired at 2 ohms on 4 hifi12d4's and i was nasty, i know it had to of put real close to rated power, but absolutly was a power killer. I had the 4 12's on it for almost a year, and never got much over a lil bit warm after playing for hours, the subs and amps were great. I was sitting here thinking bout puttinga review up bout it. but the hifonics amps are good amps, just they aren't underrated but they aren't overpriced.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

Wow calm down it's just when i had the 2000 watt brutus in my truck it didn't do what i excepted then i put a rockford 1500.1 and it smashed the hifonics and it came rated at 1900 so im just saying.

I swear i read somewhere that the 2610 was clamped at 24** watts @ 14.4. i know i read it somewhere. and the autotek mean machine amps aren't bad either, they put out just under rated. and i have an autotek sm1 1500 class a/b amp(in the closet)had it wired at 2 ohms on 4 hifi12d4's and i was nasty, i know it had to of put real close to rated power, but absolutly was a power killer. I had the 4 12's on it for almost a year, and never got much over a lil bit warm after playing for hours, the subs and amps were great. I was sitting here thinking bout puttinga review up bout it. but the hifonics amps are good amps, just they aren't underrated but they aren't overpriced.

Maybe you misunderstood someone?

Maxxsonics states they do rated at 14.4V.

For every volt lost from 14.4 they lose roughly 18% of their output.

Derp.

ive heard that hifonics amps are for chumps and they are over rated

FEG! :orly3:

Maybe you misunderstood someone?

Maxxsonics states they do rated at 14.4V.

For every volt lost from 14.4 they lose roughly 18% of their output.

thank you!

And for $1K, I bought both my bxi2610D's AND both my bxi6410"s. and you are going to need strong electrical for whatever you put in your ride. think your going to put a 3500 watt amp in with stock electrical just because you paid out the ass for it?

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

YOU sir can blow me, and swallow my candy

but @ OP i have the 2010D although its wired @2ohms, and although i havent clamped it, it seems to be putting out the rated 1200-1300 @ 2ohms, its a great budget amp, but id save for the 3500, and get a new alt wile your at it, youll drop like crazy if you run that 3500 on a stock alt, unless you have something around 140ish amps. thats imo tho dont hold me to it

A 270a alt may help :)

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

I am refferring to the AQ3500.1 and hell no not stock electrical it will fuck my shit all up

02 Dodge Durango

1 Fi SP4 18" .v2
Sundown SCV3k @.5 Ohms
XS D3100 up front
Northstar SMS AGM 400 in the back
All XS Power 0ga OFC
240a Apex h/o alternator
Pioneer AVH-X2500BT HU
Dual 0ga runs from the alt to battery
Dual 0ga runs from battery to amp

ya dude i use to have a hifonics sub and i blew it out it was garbage couldnt handle my sony 1000 watts

this guy has never made an educated post on these forums.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I have 2 2610´s strapped for 2 18´s and that shit slam, never went to protection and funny thing is that i bought them from a friend and he didn´t got any problems either, i dunno why some people says that they suck ass , maybe you had bad luck, i also had a 2608D and it´s working on my best friend´s car for 2 years now ;)

You can´t compare them to sundown or something like that, but for the price i think they are great, nice bang for the buck, and for your information, i clamped my 2608D one time with 14.6v and it did 1800 watts @ 1.95 ohms if i remember correctly, so i guess i had luck with my amp??? dunno, but mine did rated power!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I have this amp, i love this amp, and for the price i paid I will probably never sell this amp. I am generally not a fan of Hifonics at all, but it makes plenty of power and I would go to say it is not overrated at all. You can call this amp honest, and its very durable. I am in no way taking it easy on mine, in fact I'm beating it to hell with no issues (knock on wood). If you have a problem with a BXI 2610D, then you haven't played with one, or your biased. I say get it for now. You can probably find one for sale on another forum for cheap.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Archived