Sundown Audio

just got my new subs. please help

i just got 2 sa12s. i was just free airing them on a my home amp at 4 ohm at super low volume. like at 1/2 the way up but this thing doesnt even push out much watts. and i hear like a rattling/motor/mech noise? i swear its not even moving much. i think its one of them but sometimes it sound like its both of them? heres the noise it makes.. kinda like that rattling soundish thing.

but i konw for a fact they arent bottoming out.. they arent even moving no where near that much.. i konw its still free air but dang lol if thats just how the subs are thats cool. but my dc's didnt even make that noise.. just wanted to make sure nothings wrong.. i just wanted to free air them because i was bored and dont have a box yet

Edited by chapo123

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i heard it may just be the spiders because supposibly they are noisey and slappy or somethihng? any one else care to approve this staement? he said he thinks they are cotton spiders?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

free airing subs is dumb as shit especially when you dont know what you are doing. I highly doubt you are going to get a metallic metal clanking noise from the spider. stop free airing shit.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

From my experince all subs basically sound like shit free air, only my jbl p1222 sounded better than my dc, in the box its a whole league the dc will tramp 3 of them on less power and smaller box :) tem lvl 5 18s are crazy shit, only reason i was basically underground in a giant concrete box the garage at my parents....

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

its like a slapping sound. i just think its cool to see how the spiders and everything works, dang. your acting like im dumb enough to turn it all the way up to bottom it out..

1j1450.png

its like a slapping sound. i just think its cool to see how the spiders and everything works, dang. your acting like im dumb enough to turn it all the way up to bottom it out..

my point was proven right here.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

That looks like bottoming out to me.

Then you sir are completely dumb to believe the sub in the video posted by the op is bottoming out...

Since that sub is being stress tested at the sundown shop after it was built on a Sundown SAZ-1500 before being shipping off to the customer who bought it..

Which they do to every woofer!!!!

Probably clipping your amp since it's low power and these are pretty stiff and/or you hearing air noise from the frame vents. If they are brand new subs they are tested very thoroughly.

Who on earth told you the spiders are noisy and slappy ? Not only do they have flat leads that cannot slap the cone but the spiders are permanently laminated together so can't make any rubbing sounds between the layers. That is one of the silliest things I've "heard" online in a while.

Also... the spiders are mostly Nomex composition.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg