Autruche Posted October 7, 2010 Report Posted October 7, 2010 I smoke. I don't smoke much, and I don't smoke in restaurants, it's just out of courtesy. Honestly, I smoked for 4 years, but I only smoke like 2-5 cigarettes a day, and sometimes I go for a week without having a cigarette, just because I didn't think about having a cigarette at all. my favorite times to smoke are when taking a break while working on a project, and right after a meal, but when I'm in a restaurant I can wait, and I don't see why other people can't. Even when I'm at the bar I like to go outside to have a smoke, cuz I like to be in the fresh air to smoke. (Kind of an oxymoron I know) Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!My Saab 9000 build1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spdPioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE AudioJust Say No To Rear SpeakersJust Say No To CCA WireReal Men Drive StickHit me up on Facebook, if you want
finkster Posted October 7, 2010 Report Posted October 7, 2010 This might be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. LMAO!!!!!!! Classic Hows it dumb? Do a search. I doubt every web site just threw it on the list because they have a boner for anti smoking. "I'm allergic to smoke" – The smoke "allergy" is the least common "allergy" and has very little data to prove its existence because human lungs ALL react to smoke. Most is contributed to weak lung structure of the individual. (in other words thank Mom and Dad for the genetics) Those few poor bastards that are TRULY allergic to smoke will immediately experience heart irregularities, faint and of course uncontrolled coughing. If they can speak to tell you they are allergic they are full of crap. People's lack of information kills me. It's an irritant and makes people with other allergies more prone to having attacks. My little sister has a long list of allergies, actually so long that the doctors at Johns Hopkins have never seen anything like it before and are stumped. She starts weezing around tobacco smoke....and no its not exaggerated...shes 4 lol. Anything that irritates the airway can make another existing allergy worsen. So while people may not be "allergic" to the smoke it definitely doesnt help. Common sense really. Half of the people in the U.S. have allergies. I wouldn't try my luck making it worse with secondhand smoke. I already heard and learned (too much, long and boring) about this effect in EMT class. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/45191.php But for the people that only have asthma and start exaggerating and blowing air out real quick are just attention whores. I do agree with what you said about the owner having a choice about establishing his own rules for smoking and non smoking. Is there a way that you can make a bar private instead? Or does charging money and making so many sales automatically make it public? DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
John Posted October 7, 2010 Report Posted October 7, 2010 I have smoked since the day I turned 18. And not once in that time have I ever walked into a restaurant, sat down, and lit one up. There is just things that don't mix in my opinion and smoking while eating is one of them. I will never put my friends or family in that situation where they have to smell the smoke from my cigarette while eating. Now a bar is a different story. I have no problem smoking in there as long as there is no one around me that is trying to enjoy a meal. Smoking around children is another big no no. I have 3 babies that were just born in my extended family. I will never smoke around them or even hold them while I smell like an ash tray. I want to beat the hell out of parents(if you want to call them that) who smoke with the windows up while their baby is in the back. I mean seriously...you have to be completely retarded to even think about lighting one up around a child. Now I have no problem with Smoking and Non Smoking sections in restaurants. I feel its the owners choice if they should allow it or not. Just as long as the smoking section is far enough away from all of the people who would rather not smell it while eating. I can't stand to see a smoking section comprised of a few tables lined up right next the the non smoking section. At least put up a wall so the other people can enjoy their meal. end rant/ John 1999 Chevy Tahoe Level 4 15" AP 3000d Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets T400.2 Mechman 250 amp Rhino 2 Kinetik 2400 GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY
GRITS Posted October 7, 2010 Report Posted October 7, 2010 I skimmed the thread, but I have two kids who are under 2 years old and guess what, babies cry. I hate the sound of children crying, I can't stand it, but I love my kids and can't leave them in the car while I eat. Also I have to feed 4 people, (self + wife + kids)- I know if I don't get an appetizer they'll be hungry before the food arrives, and chances are I'm tired of them crying before the restaurant and know they'll cry afterwards so my wife and I will both be having alcohol. This means I often spend more money than a couple dining out w/out kids. I feel I have more of a right to be there than someone w/o kids due to paying more and leaving twice the normal tip to make up for the waitress having to sweep my kids food off the floor. I'm also polite enough to take my kids outside when they scream and get irritating, which I feel smokers can do the same. I smoked for a while, long enough to understand the addiction, but when my wife (g/f at the time) asked me to quit I finished my pack and never picked one up again. After a few days the physical need is broken and it's all psychological, you just have to have the will. So you dropped one bad habit and picked up another? And if I read that correctly you and your wife both drink while at dinner w/ your children. And then both of you are intoxicated when you put your children in your car and drive home?? And since we are on the smoking issue. Lets not forget its the grand ole state of California that started all non smoking in restaurants. And now its become even more hideous cause they want no smoking in your car if someone riding with you is a non smoker, and no smoking in public parks.... All Ive got to say about the car deal, I bought it. I paid for it. I will smoke in it. And if a grown ass adult dont want to be around smoke guess what dont get in my car. And public out door parks are you fucking kidding me?? You are OUTSIDE! Damn first you kick us out of restaurants and bars if they serve food; and make us go outside NOW yall dont want us outside WTF gives?? No I dont enjoy being around smoke when I'm eating and I wont smoke around others when they are eating, but I do enjoy my after meal cig. I cant smoke in the car w/o the window at least cracked an inch. I cant stand for smoke to go up my nose. Just like I cant stand for someone to smoke while I'm trying to sleep. Or when I first get up in the morning. And I damn sure dont feel right about smoking around a child.
PUNKYOU007 Posted October 7, 2010 Report Posted October 7, 2010 it shouldnt be law that you cannot smoke in restraunts...should be up to the place of buisness. Here in VA, as long as you have a separate part of the building with its own ventilation...you can smoke. Theres a hooters in Richmond that actually built this little area onto the building for.....the NON Smokers! Its great! The nonsmokers get like a 500sq ft area where the smokers still get the whole restraunt and bar. A bar here in Hopewell where I live actually made it a private club (which is what I would do if i had a place that smoking was banned), they charge .25 cents to be a member So unless you pay your .25 cents and get your membership card, your not welcome. Now, I personally dont like smoking when I am eating. But as long as im not sitting right next to someone who is smoking then I am fine. But I dont feel like its the governments place to dictate tings like this. We are slowly but surly loosing our freedoms and it suck balz. Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
bassfiend316 Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 I smoke. It pisses me off that its illegal to smoke anywhere now. I understand family restaurants but if I want to smoke in a bar, I should be able to as long as the bar is fine with it. And don't say its because of health reasons I can't smoke while you sit next to me fucking up your liver lol bars here can't even have a smoking room, unless its a private paid membership club...
tejcurrent Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 So you dropped one bad habit and picked up another? And if I read that correctly you and your wife both drink while at dinner w/ your children. And then both of you are intoxicated when you put your children in your car and drive home?? I never implied I was drunk, that would be ridiculous. If by picking up a new bad habit you mean making babies I sure did If you mean drinking I never get drunk. I don't know who gets intoxicated from one drink with dinner, I and with as much as I keep my wife pregnant she probably hasn't had 5 drinks in the last 2 years. Back on topic- I associate bars with smoking, most smokers I know love smoking when they start drinking and will smoke more drunk than normally. People have choices in life and I feel non-smokers (myself included) have the right to avoid restaurants where smoking is allowed if they wish, simple as that. tejcurrent XS Power T3
El1T3Bass Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 I hate cigarettes, and I hate the assholes who blow the shit all over me, my cloths, and my food. Now if you smoke outside and don't blow the shit all over me.... cool but keep the shit away from me and other people. By the way I smoke cigars and I used to smoke weed, and i would ONLY smoke in my room or outside. No were else enless if it was ok with everyone else around. Its just rude I have 2 step sisters ( one is 6 and has autism) and whenever we go out to eat they are very respectful, and eat nicly like they were raised. But sometimes the older sister has a fit (because she has autism) and some people look at us like were fucking crazy. But she can't help it. So what do we do? Bring her outside of the place till she cools down just like anyone else who has a crazy kid or any smoker should do Now I agree with all of you saying that the government is taking away more and more fredom from us and I agree, I hate all the shit that they are doing, except for the smoking ban. I think its doing more good than harm.... just my .02 wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
El1T3Bass Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 Double post sorry... driod sucks wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood. here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now? Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic
huh?do-what? Posted October 8, 2010 Report Posted October 8, 2010 Another Smoking rant is when there is someone in a car ahead of me that finishes a Cigarette and flicks it out there window and it hit my windshield. That strikes up some road rage real quick followed by music that travels farther then 75ft. when i get behind someone that does that, i start weaving back and forth as if to dodge it. Dont know why. God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.