Second Skin Audio

Would this affect my port?

Tek

I want to double baffle my box that I am slowly working on, and I want the top layer to sit flush with the rest of the cargo area of my SUV. This would involve it being a larger piece of wood than the rest of the box (see below). I just want to know if this would affect the port (i.e. allow less air flow, change tuning). If I used the idea on the right, I would only have a good 4 inches between the port and the wall.

BOX.jpg

You have me lost. Port fires to the side I'm guessing and it looks like you would be limiting it's ability to reflect into the cab? I may be way off so could you explain better?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

looks like he trying to make the cover on top of the box flush like a cargo lid with the port to the drivers side?

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

Like this, but you want the box to have an aero port to the side, right?

38305930038_large.jpg

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

in that case i would go with the drawing on the right just because it has more of a balanced look unless you have any extra batteries then in that case I would do the one on the left. either way if you are just trying to flush it to the sides you shouldnt have any issues just make sure you dont have it overhang on the back side where the port will fire into the back hatch then you will run into airflow issues.

I may have missed this but if you are looking at firing the port out the side of the box then yes you will run into airflow issues. I would fire the port out he back of the box into the back hatch.

port needs to breathe. the more pressure you create outside the port, the more the tuning will change.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Like this, but you want the box to have an aero port to the side, right?

38305930038_large.jpg

not aeros but yeah

port needs to breathe. the more pressure you create outside the port, the more the tuning will change.

the port will still have a good foot of space above it, and I wouldn't seal it or anything.

Archived