Jump to content

This gay-ass math question.


Recommended Posts

Posted

we need a homework hotline thread for those in highschool and college lol

As a college sophmore, I concur.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Posted

I thought weather forecasts meant over the area? Like if there's a 50% chance of rain over the next 3 days, then 50% of the area he's covering has a chance at getting rain... that's the way it is here where I live...

Posted

f(3)(x) = 4x(3-2x2) e-x2..

Now f(3)(x) = 0 only when x = 0 or 3-2x2 = 0, so x = 0 or ± (3/2)1/2 ±1.225. Checking values in the interval [1, 2], we get the following (where we have rounded up the values of f"(x) rather than simply rounding to two decimal places.

/thread

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Posted

f(3)(x) = 4x(3-2x2) e-x2..

Now f(3)(x) = 0 only when x = 0 or 3-2x2 = 0, so x = 0 or ± (3/2)1/2 ±1.225. Checking values in the interval [1, 2], we get the following (where we have rounded up the values of f"(x) rather than simply rounding to two decimal places.

/thread

what the hell did you just say? lmao are you trying to figure out quantum physics?

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Posted

25% because think about it 50 one day plus twenty five plus twenty five equals 100 for all days i put my money on 25%

Posted

OK, it's been almost 10 years since I did this stuff, but I'm almost positive this is correct. Short answer=50% chance that it won't rain on AT LEAST 2 days.

"At least" means you have to add the chance it will not rain on two days and the chance it will not rain on 3 days. At least means it could not rain on 2 or 3 of the days.

No rain on exactly 2 days:

3!/(2! x 1! ) x (0.5)^2 x (0.5)^1 = 0.375

No rain on 3 days:

3!/(3! x 0!) x (0.5)^3 x (0.5)^0 = 0.125

Add those together and get .500...or 50%

Off topic-just re-found my scientific calculator today lol. And I always hated word problems. But I was always good at math, and even if I'm wrong, it's only one question. haha ;)

edit- to explain

3=# of days

(2!x1!)=2 days of no rain, 1 day of rain

0.5=chance of rain, chance of no rain

all the exponents are the chances of rain, and the chances of no rain. would be easier to explain if it weren't 50%

So another problem. say its a 60% chance of rain, the first part would be

3!/(2! x 1! ) x (0.4)^2 x (0.6)^1

Thats 2 days of no rain (40% chance of no rain) and one day of rain (60% chance of rain)

Posted

I think its 50%, here's why:

These are all the possible combinations for rain/no rain

N = no rain; R = rain

Day 1: N N N N R R R R

Day 2: N N R R R N N R

Day 3: N R R N R R N N

The chances for any one of these happening is 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/8 = 12.5%

(Quick check: the chances of one of these combinations should be 100%. 12.5% * 8 = 100%)

Now we just add the possibilites that fit the question criteria (at LEAST 2 days with no rain).

N N R N

N R N N

R N N N

So it's 12.5% * 4 = 50%

I haven't taken my stats class yet (took AP Stats awhile ago but that class was useless), but my logic seems good

Posted

I'm in stat right now.

It's 50%.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1862 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...