DC Sound Lab

All DC XL users......

ive felt dc level 3's bnib out the box and werent stiff for shit.. was weird but i dunno. my sa12s and type r's were both stiff as hell tho

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

ive felt dc level 3's bnib out the box and werent stiff for shit.. was weird but i dunno. my sa12s and type r's were both stiff as hell tho

completely different sub lol yes its a DC but... rated at 600rms not 1500rms

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

i think you should take the sub out and inspect the spiders. one may have come loose or torn. unfortunately you can only see the top one so that is kind of a long shot

this thing moves a shit ton for only 1500 watts. something is a bit out of the ordinary with it.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I had my xl 12 on 2500 daily and got looser over time, not blow-on-it soft though. If you give it more power, shrink the box maybe? And like others have said, check the spiders. How long have you had it anyway?

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Not even had it a month and a week. First box was 1.75 cubes or something close. This one is under 1.5 cubes now... I'm going to pull it out this weekend and check the spider

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I put around the same wattage to my XL and it's still really stiff. Did anything push on the cone?

I'm going to agree with everyone else it looks like a spider issue.

06 Monte Carlo

Motorola T605

Alpine CDA 9886

Polk mids and highs

Yellow top

2 XS Power D975

Knukoncepts 0 gauge

1 DC Audio 3.5K

1 DC LVL 4XL 15" Thorshammer package

Nothing ever pushed on it besides a hand and obviously I didn't punch it or no dumb shit like that. I sat it on the cone one time the day I got it to stare at the magnet but that was it on a clean table and gently sat it down. Pulling it out tomorrow likely. Still sounds great and performance hasn't Really changed much. It did get a little louder over the first week so I'm guessing there was some sort of break in that did happen. Just not noticeable to the touch.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff