Sonic Electronix

Can the stock honda guts handle this?

So first build in my 2007 honda accord and ive learned alot just by viewing threads and watching videos. Right now I have a system wired up great, all Pioneer stuff (I got a fantastic deal) basicially its a set of 6.5s and the tweets, a set of 6x9s, a cheap Pioneer deck and 2 12s Pioneer Champion Series. The speakers are being run by an 800W (not rms) 4 channel pioneer and a 1200W (not rms) 2 channel pioneer.

Ok here's the deal. I've been slamming these subs for months now and have never experienced a voltage drop, an alternator problem or any electrical problem at all. I have the STOCK alternator doing work, and a new battery but its basically just a replacement OEM (No exceptional power abilities).

Out of curiosity, can I run 2 more 12s and another amp (same exact 12s and amp as the first set) without upgrading the electrical system? Or would i need another battery or h/o alt.

I know this question might seem stupid to some of the more experienced guys but I'm not really clear on how many amps you need to be producing to sustain a system. Obviously, the small setup i have now is working fine but i feel like running a third amp and another set of 12s might be pushing it.

thanks for the help everyone

Would just depend if the draw gets too much i would think so that you may just need a better battery up front since im pretty sure the draw isnt too much from all the amps

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

ok i think your probbably right about the new battery up front, any suggestions?

and as far as the RMS its about 60Wx4 for the mids and highs and i'd say 200W RMS for the subs. again, i know it isnt really that much power. hope that helps

dude ur will be fine, unless you have a real old car my chevy caprice 1989 couldnt handle 800 watts without huge voltage drop

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

also run good wiring

X2 every little things help idk if u said it already but did u do the big 3 (even tho i doesnt help voltage much;mostly current draw)

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

I runnin bout 2200 rms with yellow top up front, big 3 & stock 80 amp alt & I only drop from 14.2 to 13.4 at max volume @ idle after few minutes of playing. U should b fine, just use thick wiring & big 3. If u think u dropping too low after another amp start with a good battery up front

99 GMC Suburban

2 Death Penalty 21"

2 Crescendo BC2000

Boston GT-42 Amp

6 Selenium 6w4p

4 Crescendo tweets

Hi output cs144 alt

Audiocontrol Epic-160

Pioneer DVD head unit

this all sounds encouraging. i havent done the big three but i know all about it and will do it once I get some good wiring. as i said the car has not been electrically modified in any way. (except for little things like hids and interior lights but as far as audio goes, its all factory from alt to battery)

im actually amazed at how nice this system sounds with relatively little power. anybody have a preferred brand of wire they suggest? I was using stinger