Something i had to share with u guys. its funny.

so i ran across this thread on the net with this guy screaming at a guy telling him about how 14Guage wire is good enough to power any car stereo amp in the world. i laughed my ass of at him and this is what he said.

"You know, I've been saying that for the longest time.I work for a company that builds large power transformers (substations, etc) and I'm in the wiring department.

When we wire up 1,400 watt heater elements, we use two 10 guage wires traveling a distance of over 50-100 feet through rigid conduit along with 40 other wires bundled together.

If anyone can read, they can see the rating on the wire itself... the 10 guage wire and insulation will handle over 2000 watts and 1000 VAC, depending on what you buy.

So, I'm not right sure who the hell started the trend of running a 4 guage wire to a single 1,000 watt amp on DC voltage.

And has anyone ever heard of a Meggar test?

I bet not.

That would be where we pump 2,500 DC volts into the wiring to check for leaks.

The wire never even shows the first bit of heat.

...we run that test on 14 guage wiring as well.

It's just crazy how these audio manufactuers try to suck a little more money from people saying "a bigger wire means more thoroughput!". It's really not neccessary."

:orly3: wow that guy sounds soooo smart. I guess I should take all my wire out and re-wire with 10 or 14 gauge. Uhm let me think about that. Yeah I gonna have to say :No: :No: :No: to that chit.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Even a broken watch is right twice a day and the guy is talking about car audio.

Lmfao!

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

lol. yeah i know. this guy is a retard. and he is refuring to car audio.

@wenn_du_weinst

he is right but u have to take into account a car dont run on 2500VDC. i can pump 2500 VDC through a 14Guage wire but i aint caryin many amps through there. LMFAO..

yeah this guy had me laughing at "You know"

Edited by kleinteich2

he is actually right, just not for car audio

x2

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.