Second Skin Audio

will 2 18's fit in this measurement?

i took some measurements for my cargo space in my 2002 nissan xterra, and i just wanted to know if 2 18's powered by 1 hifonics 2010d will fit in the back of the car?

the actual measurements are

height: 22in

width: 49in

depth: 29in

this pic is the measurements between the wheel well, but i decided to make the box completely covering the well.

Measurements.jpg

and also, would anyone help me out on the measurement of the port (like what will be the right measurements i will input of the port, just 1 port btw) thanks

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

you have 15.50 net cubes to play with before displacement of port and woofers... I could see you dropping in some nice 18s in about 11.5 cubes to 12 cubes after displacement and doing ok with that

edit

playing with torres calc..

h10 w18 d22 comes out to 180 sq inch tuned to 33hz

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

one thing you didnt factor in is the space you are going to lose building aroudn the wells.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

dam, that was fast reply. hopefully the subs wont suffocate with the tight space i got in the back. and also, the measurements i gotten through torre's calculator was 16.06 cu ft in gross volume, would anyone help with the net volume after displacement? im not good on making calculations, and would want 1 port i believe and some bracing as well. if anyone wants to add port walls, by all means. i just want to build a box with some poundage (anything to be heard or felt) lol

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

one thing you didnt factor in is the space you are going to lose building aroudn the wells.

thats what i was think about. my friend who is going to help me making the box told me that he will make cuts of the mdf to be place on top of the well, and have a piece of the wood from the sides to the base of the box so it wont leak. some how this is going to be tricky, and i will post pics of how it turns out (FaiL or WIN)

edit: a piece of mdf being bend alongside with the well that will have the well covered from the inside of the box.

Edited by carlosg_313

right i know how do it. Its just that you are going to cut it close on the size. Id suggest using some aero ports. it would save you some internal volume.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

right i know how do it. Its just that you are going to cut it close on the size. Id suggest using some aero ports. it would save you some internal volume.

i know what a aero port kinda looks like, but i havent studied about it. anyone got a link so i can read up on it?