We've updated our Homepage! Click HERE to check it out!

Did anyone else just faint when they saw this?

Didn't just faint...saw it months ago and may have been affected then but can't remember.

The main update is bad news guys. The factory that was producing our surround, cone, dust cap, and spider for this driver was destroyed in the disaster in Japan. As this is an ultra high-end unit we were utilized some of the more specialized technology available from this supplier in Japan for these parts. That explains why I have not heard anything in a while. From what I was told by my contact several workers were killed, some are still missing, and the building is completely wiped out.

The frame, motor, magnet boot, and coil are made in China so should proceed normally. I should have more on the frame within two weeks as things are getting back on track in China.

Of course the soft parts set-back will delay the product overall significantly.

The main update is bad news guys. The factory that was producing our surround, cone, dust cap, and spider for this driver was destroyed in the disaster in Japan. As this is an ultra high-end unit we were utilized some of the more specialized technology available from this supplier in Japan for these parts. That explains why I have not heard anything in a while. From what I was told by my contact several workers were killed, some are still missing, and the building is completely wiped out.

The frame, motor, magnet boot, and coil are made in China so should proceed normally. I should have more on the frame within two weeks as things are getting back on track in China.

Of course the soft parts set-back will delay the product overall significantly.

Thank god you didn't put all the eggs in one basket! :sigh:

as long as its not a piece of goat shit in a sealed box, im fine with it. wanted a sa-8 in my room for my HT setup, till i saw the responce graph >.>

as long as its not a piece of goat shit in a sealed box, im fine with it. wanted a sa-8 in my room for my HT setup, till i saw the responce graph >.>

That's why companies reccomend different aligments for their subs. :)

X8boot.jpg

* Image linked from sundownonly.com (online dealer) *

Well... I got the magnet boot in. It's as big around as the SA-8 gasket ;)

Now you can get an idea of the scale of this thing.

Is it gonna have a surround like the one in the model or a tall roll so its increases the effective cone area?

Exactly as pictured. I have yet to measure an SPL difference between a wide and tall roll -- for the record -- not even 0.1 dB

Tall rolls are more aesthetically pleasing, but my man, a concave cone would set that bad boy off...