Sonic Electronix

Do I need to use the stud on the AA SMD?

As the title suggests... Do I need to use the stud for additional bracing on the AA SMD if I do horizontal (forward facing) mounting?

Can I get by without it by just using bigger / longer screws and a thicker front baffle?

As the title suggests... Do I need to use the stud for additional bracing on the AA SMD if I do horizontal (forward facing) mounting?

Can I get by without it by just using bigger / longer screws and a thicker front baffle?

You don't need to use it. But imagine holding the sub by just the basket out in front of you, sub facing you. Now imagine you holding the sub same way, but you're resting the stud on a surface. What's easier? As long as the baffle can hold it, and you use some beefy screws it should be fine. My lvl 5 is mounted horizontal and it's doin fine. I think trippi has all 6 of his just being held by screws iirc.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

You don't need to use it. But imagine holding the sub by just the basket out in front of you, sub facing you. Now imagine you holding the sub same way, but you're resting the stud on a surface. What's easier? As long as the baffle can hold it, and you use some beefy screws it should be fine. My lvl 5 is mounted horizontal and it's doin fine. I think trippi has all 6 of his just being held by screws iirc.

I was wondering if I could get away with it. Adding a brace to bolt in the stud adds another level complexity that I would rather not deal with

Vertical is up and down, horizontal is side to side. wall = horizontal. Trippi has a wall. That would be horizontal and he is not using regular screws he is using a heavy duty 3" lag screws/bolt (look up Trippis hummer in the members build section)

Edit= what is in Trippis hummer

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Archived