Second Skin Audio

if you want to get firewall so u can use it on both cars then sure why not. but if your only putting something on the metal roof of the car then a mat product vs the liquid would be much easier.

Just think of it like painting the roof of a house. you have to tarp everything off do multiple layers and wait inbetween. damp pro is simple prep the surface and stick it on

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I dont know about defining, hehe maybe by not getting my fingers all cut up and getting into tighter spots =). The main reason I wanted to get firewall was to use some of it in my 86 300zx transmission tunnel as well. It gets up to 110 degree surface temps on the tunnel and makes crusin a nice day of 76 degrees hot and I have to turn on the AC.

I was reading and I think it was 2 layers is 2mm 80mls. That was according to the website, and DP is 2mm.

Not in thickness, but in performance. Your gonna need more sludge thickness than dp for the same performance.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

if you want to get firewall so u can use it on both cars then sure why not. but if your only putting something on the metal roof of the car then a mat product vs the liquid would be much easier.

Just think of it like painting the roof of a house. you have to tarp everything off do multiple layers and wait inbetween. damp pro is simple prep the surface and stick it on

But wouldnt the mat not work against the heat like Id want it?

Not in thickness, but in performance. Your gonna need more sludge thickness than dp for the same performance.

wow really, according to them they said its the same and performs just as good at 2mm thick.

damp pro does work against heat but not as well as firewall. it does work better then firewall as far as vibration dampening.

if your looking for only heat then yes firewall or the thermal block would be my choice. if you need vibration dampening as well then id say something like 4 sheets of damp pro and firewall from there.... its just going to suck to put firewall on ur roof

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

take a look at sounddeadenershowdown.com and talk to Don : he's a cool guy, very very knowledgeable on deadening. He has tested quite all the different products on the market, and now make his own. Good price too.

But Secondskin is really good; easy to apply, no smell, and hold for long !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

But with it reflecting heat it just distributes it but it will eventually get hot?

...Im glad I asked questions here first before I bought stuff.

well ya... Damp pro is mainly meant for vibration and firewall is mainly meant for heat. Both have some of the other effect but its really the best idea to buy either or depending on what you want and if you want both then use a combo of both

I been lurking on these forums for sometime. I have calculated costs of doing my car in damplifier pro and in spectrum and found spectrum to be cheaper.

I see peoples builds and people doing their doors and headliner with DP but wont it be easier to just use spectrum?

Awsome site btw

You could use Spectrum or Firewall and then a layer of Heat Wave or Heat Wave Pro. But, you will have to wait 30 days for them to fully cure before applying the HW.

Or, you could install Damplifier or Damplifier Pro and then Heat Wave or Heat Wave Pro. With this method, you won't have to wait for a cure time and you'll have a nice sound and thermal barrier.

Or, you could paint your roof white and stop alot of heat from ever reaching the inside of the vehicle..... :good:

Hope that helps!

Ken

Whether you are restoring a classic muscle car, building an audio system monster, or trying to give yourself a bit of silent luxury on your daily commute, we have a product or combination of products that will help you achieve your goals while saving money and save time. Look around our site, educate yourself and make the choice that is right for you.

Over built to over perform - because user error, bad batch, and faulty install are excuses that other companies use!

468x60.png

You could use Spectrum or Firewall and then a layer of Heat Wave or Heat Wave Pro. But, you will have to wait 30 days for them to fully cure before applying the HW.

Or, you could install Damplifier or Damplifier Pro and then Heat Wave or Heat Wave Pro. With this method, you won't have to wait for a cure time and you'll have a nice sound and thermal barrier.

Or, you could paint your roof white and stop alot of heat from ever reaching the inside of the vehicle..... :good:

Hope that helps!

Ken

sorry Ken i just realized you didnt have your "partner" tags! I just fixed it! good to see you on the board! :):drink40:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916