DC Sound Lab

Level 5 Neo vs Level 6?

Im unfamiliar with the cooling of Dc's neo motors so i would like to see a thermal test just to see how well they cool themselves just cause i haven't really seen the motor design and what i saw was the coil next to the magnets.

And that guy isn't talking out of his ass. you get Neo hot the motor strength goes down exponentially.

Wonder if this counts as me talking shit.

Nick im thinking you should hit up the lvl 6's

Edited by OldsBoomer

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Its all in the design. While I agree the biggest down fall to neo was the loss of strength due to heat, things have been changing and growing and cooling has improved 100%

AS stated the cooling of this neo driver is far superior than any ferrite motor DC makes. (Straight from Rusty himself)

This driver might have the best cooling DC has to offer, which I don't see any other than "standard" cooling on his other subs.

My point is, I don't see how it doesn't lose strength. Period. I don't care if its the best cooling they have. All I see if that the coil is open to ambient air, so it can only cool to what that is. I'm sure on a 100degree day, it doesn't take long to get the motor 150+ degrees therefore losing strength. But that's just how I see it.

I'm not saying the driver sucks. Just don't see it being a "great" daily sub. / of my story.

John have you ever seen the focal subwoofers? similiar look w the motor

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Why are you all questioning thor? he owns the damn thing and he runs a lot of power, hell he ran a 10" DC that was beyond blown and thing kept up. Point is thor is no rookie he runs the neo and I believe his claims he has no reason to lie lol... I've always been a fan of the NEO but like most im waiting for a secure heat approach.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Why are you all questioning thor? he owns the damn thing and he runs a lot of power, hell he ran a 10" DC that was beyond blown and thing kept up. Point is thor is no rookie he runs the neo and I believe his claims he has no reason to lie lol... I've always been a fan of the NEO but like most im waiting for a secure heat approach.

not saying you cant play them daily just saying that i didn't see how good the cooling is on those subs for the motor so im guessing that the motor is deff losing a good amount of strength. MOST neo's have that problem. you can play the sub as long as you want. that doesn't mean it hasn't been losing strength

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

If im not misstkae the NEO was designed around the XL not the lvl 5, so it should be GREAT for daily abuse. The ATeam told me it was more or less a XL that will take gobs of power. Another fact about Neo motors is there cooling is kinda simple. The more power tou throw to the sub and the more the woofer moves the better the cooling, as far as the woofer being fed clean power. Now if your clipping the dog shit out the woofer then yea its gonna die just like any other woofer.

Chode I think either woofer would be a Nice upgrade over what you have know. Both are outstanding woofers, just the price diff and a huge weight diff.

I'm not saying he is a rookie? Or saying he is lieing? Can you not read?

I'm stating my opinion on the DC neo sub.