Sonic Electronix

Ok so I have 1 15inch Kicker L7 in 4.2 ported box. I have the sub wired at two ohms. The amp that was previously powering it was a Hifonics BXI Brutus 2607d amplifier. I'm not sure why but it broke and wouldn't power my sub anymore. So, I got the AQ 1200D which I regret because it only puts out 800 watts at two ohms. I should have got something that put 1000 watts at two ohms. Anyways, I still hooked it up but my sub hits way differently then it did with the Hifonics. It's not nearly as loud and doesn't hit the mids AT ALL. It's so much weaker. And the sub is hitting weird. I guess I'll make a video of it tomorrow so you can see what I am talking about.

Edit: Is there a better amp that puts out true 1000 watts at 2 ohms?

Edited by cichlidfort

2008 Chevy Impala (undercover cop style)

Setup in the makings

Ok so I have 1 15inch Kicker L7 in 4.2 ported box. I have the sub wired at two ohms. The amp that was previously powering it was a Hifonics BXI Brutus 2607d amplifier. I'm not sure why but it broke and wouldn't power my sub anymore. So, I got the AQ 1200D which I regret because it only puts out 800 watts at two ohms. I should have got something that put 1000 watts at two ohms. Anyways, I still hooked it up but my sub hits way differently then it did with the Hifonics. It's not nearly as loud and doesn't hit the mids AT ALL. It's so much weaker. And the sub is hitting weird. I guess I'll make a video of it tomorrow so you can see what I am talking about.

Edit: Is there a better amp that puts out true 1000 watts at 2 ohms?

No experience with AQ amps, but check your wiring and polarity perhaps? Check any filters, RCA's, etc. Maybe your sub's fried? Any other amps to test it on?

POTATO!

you're not going to notice 200w difference. aq underrated anyways and it's probably doing close to 1k anyway.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

If your hitting mids on a sub something is wrong in the first place and not adjusted properly, and yes you won't have the same output as the hifonics which has more power than the AQ does @2ohms. LPF should be set at 75hz to 80hz and subsonic set to just a bit under your box tuning. The links i posted above are rated 1000w @2ohms.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2