What kind of router bit used for ring baffles?

Farmacist

Right now I'm currently have 2 different routers, The first is a 1/4 collet ryobi, and the other is a Crasftmen professional 1/2hp 1/2 collet router.

The bits I use for making ring baffles are 1/4 straight shaft... is there something better to use? I've been noticing that sometimes theres like a mm difference when I'm going cutting around the circle, and setting the depth lower, has anyone has this before? I know I'm not going too fast..

This occurs when I use both routers, and the only thing i could think of is that its either the Jasper 200 jig I'm using, or its the type of bit.

Team Soundstream

Team Xs Power

Team Secondskin Audio

Team Mechman

Right now I'm currently have 2 different routers, The first is a 1/4 collet ryobi, and the other is a Crasftmen professional 1/2hp 1/2 collet router.

The bits I use for making ring baffles are 1/4 straight shaft... is there something better to use? I've been noticing that sometimes theres like a mm difference when I'm going cutting around the circle, and setting the depth lower, has anyone has this before? I know I'm not going too fast..

This occurs when I use both routers, and the only thing i could think of is that its either the Jasper 200 jig I'm using, or its the type of bit.

I think it could be the jasper without question...I noticed that those holes to mount it on the router arent cut out to be perfect for those bolts. there is a small amount of play (probably only 1/16th of an inch) in it that could change the diameter. I believe this is due to the fact that the jasper isnt made for one specific router. so whenever I mount my jasper on, I try and get as close to the middle of each hole as possible before putting the bolts in.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Use a longer spiral cut bit, upcut or downcut your choice. 100x easier to get right and cuts much faster.

Proper term is fluted to the right or left spiral cut bit

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

this helps describe what I'm talking about

1117001834.jpg

1117001834a.jpg

I can't stand it

aaahhhh now I get what ya mean...yeah mine does that too. It dont really make a difference to me though. :pardon: so I guess if you get a fluted bit, itll fix that problem soap?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

• 3 weeks later...

Archived