Battery contact area (stacking terminals/buss bars)

How does a buss bar act like a cap? Never heard that one before, maybe in the AC world of things if the bar was huge, but in DC, don't think so.

i would explain it but you always seem set in your ways so i dont think it'll do any good. :shrug:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

How does a buss bar act like a cap? Never heard that one before, maybe in the AC world of things if the bar was huge, but in DC, don't think so.

i would explain it but you always seem set in your ways so i dont think it'll do any good. :shrug:

Take me to school brother, cuz I got an EE degree under my belt.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

I find that hard to believe.

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

I don't know where you get your aluminum from but 48" of 1 inch by 2 inch costs nowhere near 175.

That isnt the cost of the Aluminum that is the cost of the buss bars built and shipped. There is quite a bit of work that goes into making 2 48" buss bars with 20+ inputs on each.

I know how much work goes into making buss bars. Not a whole lot really. Program the machine (which takes all of a couple minutes)and walk away. The pecking cycles are what take the time but you don't even have to be standing there to do it. ;)

Oh you really know how much goes into it! I find that very funny. Ok so even if I did have a CNC machine, WHICH I DONT, why the hell would I make buss bars and any products for that matter dirt cheap and barely make any money???? A CNC isnt exactly a cheap piece of equipment. Oh and for those of us who dont have a CNC and do work by hand, yeah it takes a good bit of time and effort to build a set of buss bars. I cant just type in measurements and walk away. Everything I do is hand measured, drilled, and tapped. Oh did I mention ALL DONE BY HAND! So excuse me for thinking my time and effort is worth something. If you dont like the prices that people charge to make custom products, THEN BUY YOUR OWN FUCKING EQUIPMENT AND DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

I don't know where you get your aluminum from but 48" of 1 inch by 2 inch costs nowhere near 175.

That isnt the cost of the Aluminum that is the cost of the buss bars built and shipped. There is quite a bit of work that goes into making 2 48" buss bars with 20+ inputs on each.

I know how much work goes into making buss bars. Not a whole lot really. Program the machine (which takes all of a couple minutes)and walk away. The pecking cycles are what take the time but you don't even have to be standing there to do it. ;)

Oh you really know how much goes into it! I find that very funny. Ok so even if I did have a CNC machine, WHICH I DONT, why the hell would I make buss bars and any products for that matter dirt cheap and barely make any money???? A CNC isnt exactly a cheap piece of equipment. Oh and for those of us who dont have a CNC and do work by hand, yeah it takes a good bit of time and effort to build a set of buss bars. I cant just type in measurements and walk away. Everything I do is hand measured, drilled, and tapped. Oh did I mention ALL DONE BY HAND! So excuse me for thinking my time and effort is worth something. If you dont like the prices that people charge to make custom products, THEN BUY YOUR OWN FUCKING EQUIPMENT AND DO IT YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

LOL, awesome....LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

I do have my own equipment and I make buss bars and other custom aluminum stuff for people of the 12 volt industry. so yes I know what it all entails. And used CNC machines are not very expensive. You can easily find a decent CNC machine for what the cost of it is in scrap steel prices. Buss bars are the easiest thing you can make.

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

The OP makes sense to me, It would be like running 4/0 into an 8ga input. Wouldn't that 4/0 be a waste because that little 8 ga input would only allow for so much flow. Or is this not how it works?

You're not factoring in distance

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I do have my own equipment and I make buss bars and other custom aluminum stuff for people of the 12 volt industry. so yes I know what it all entails. And used CNC machines are not very expensive. You can easily find a decent CNC machine for what the cost of it is in scrap steel prices. Buss bars are the easiest thing you can make.

Ok thats good for you. If you feel what I would charge to do custom work would be too much or is unfair then you obviously wouldnt buy from me. And even if I were to want to buy a used CNC machine, it just doesnt make sense for me to buy one. Everything I do is based on my own needs. If someone on the forums sees something I have made for myself and wants something like it, then I will be happy to make it for a fair price. I dont care what kind of work it is, no one is going to do it for free. The whole deal is if I can make something that someone wants and doesnt have the equipment or know how to build themselves, then I will give them a price and if they dont like it we can either negotiate something that works for both of us or they can find someone who will build it for what they are willing to pay. Oh and yeah buss bars are easy to make, but they are very time consuming. Drilling 20+ input holes isnt too bad, but when it comes time to tap the holes for the set screws I cant exactly do that any other way than by hand.

to each there own, I kinda like ring terminals myself with a bolt going thru the bar, but that's me.

I think its just fine and not a weak link, my theory is that ring terminal has good contact area, electricity flows on the outside off the metal not thru it.

Archived