Sonic Electronix

What car can upgrade to a 400+ amp alternator? Or have 4-5 smaller ones?

As the title suggests... I am looking for which cars (can be SUVs, I don't care) are upgradeable to multiple alternators.

I plan on having a split electrical system: One for just the amplifiers, and keeping the stock one, as well as the stock under-the-hood battery for all the stock equipment to avoid light dimming. Hence, I need to be able to hold multiple alternators.

A car that I can get a bracket to hold 3 alternators would be nice, 4 would be better.

EDIT: Stick shift transmission would be nice, but not required

Edited by Christopher

Many GMs can hold 4+ alts. Someone (won't mention name) has 6 in a 1998 Tahoe. IIRC they are 380amps each

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Most any of your newer sideways engine mounted cars are out of the question. Big Body cars and fullsize trucks and suvs are what you need.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

many can fit them but, you have other issues to worry about other then trying to stick those alts under the hood, ill never be able to run 4 in my navi cuz of the strain it would put on my truck. and over time kill it...(from what iraggi dom said), your best choice is a gm, the 07+ silverado has soo much room under the hood, and so do 98+tahoes

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

DC power makes some sweet 400+ amp alts. There huge. Just remember u want idle power not top end power, and high output on amps means lower output on idle in most cases.

Edited by baron_of_bass

Team Bass-Hz

screenshot5-1.jpg

many can fit them but, you have other issues to worry about other then trying to stick those alts under the hood, ill never be able to run 4 in my navi cuz of the strain it would put on my truck. and over time kill it...(from what iraggi dom said), your best choice is a gm, the 07+ silverado has soo much room under the hood, and so do 98+tahoes

Sweet! I found a 99 Tahoe with a 5.7l v8. Sounds like just the kinda torque needed to power those alts at idle.

Thoughts?

Still open to any and all other ideas

Sweet! I found a 99 Tahoe with a 5.7l v8. Sounds like just the kinda torque needed to power those alts at idle.

Thoughts?

Still open to any and all other ideas

my dads dodge ram 1500 has a big ass hood with lots of free space. The alt is right on top too, so I could picture a couple alts sitting up there.

I know that you said SUV though, so maybe a Durango. PM Chode69 and ask him if it looks like he has lots of room under his good. Or you can call DC or Mechman and ask for their biggest kit. IIRC, Mechman kits only go up to 2 alts.

Edited by hdorre

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

How about a 98+ Yukon xl? It seems like a 'hoe and a Yukon are practically the same car, but the Yukon has more space.

Edited by Christopher

How about a 98+ Yukon? It seems like a 'hoe and a Yukon are practically the same car, but the Yukon has more space.

Yessir. Someone here (forget who) has 4 alts in a Yukon. They're powder coated white. I may be thinking of Justin (don't know his username)

LMFAO so true