Homemade C.A.I. and possible ram-air blower?

ill look at my air box but iirc that wouldnt work on my car thanks for the idea tho :)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

:facepalm:

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

Homemade cai's are easy. I've done 3, so far for my car, and different people. I actually made mine out of white pvc, glued it together, primed and painted to match car. Looks like a customized k&n as my friends say. I've had many people think its k&n style, then i show them the pvc markings on the bottom. I know mine increased the throttle response.

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4

All i have to say is that if you go as big as possible you WILL LOSE POWER. Stick with stock diameter tubing and just be happy with the increased air flow. Unless you turbo/supercharge the motor, DO NOT increase the diameter of the tubing.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

you do realize that most true ram air systems don't make much of an improvement until 200+mph, my old trans am was useless until 275mph I think they said?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

you do realize that most true ram air systems don't make much of an improvement until 200+mph, my old trans am was useless until 275mph I think they said?

200MPH huh. These companies sure have everybody fooled then.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I made mine... It turned out well.

21842a4c.jpg

6ab79913.jpg

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

:facepalm:

Homemade for sure, aslong as it work. Why not right save you some $$$ :good:

i was facepalming to the electric blower.

i say go for the diy intake. anything has to be better than stock.

for what you want with it, all you'll need is an intake, have fun with your better throttle response and bad gas mileage for the first few days (from holding it to the floor everywhere you go to hear the intake) lol

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

200MPH huh. These companies sure have everybody fooled then.

ram air vs a good after market airbox not stock, it takes a ton of air velocity to actually use it

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived