Second Skin Audio

Awful quality subs?

Hey all, my friend bought some crap speakers from a yard sale for 2 bucks, and he has no way of powering them so naturally i picked them up and hacked something out to get them playing. I want to build a t-line enclosure for them as the boxes they're in right now are complete crap. However, while testing them in open air (and in general) they sound like total crap. The cone feels like it's made out of heavy paper and has a super-thin dust cap, hell even the surround feels like it's made out of paper. My question is, would it be a waste to build an enclosure for these speakers? Im kind of a noob at this and just want to start messing around, but if i won't get any rewarding results i dont want to waste my time and money. Also, can anyone recommend a good folded t-line caculator to me? i'm currently using this: file:///Users/STU4073/Fun/dual%208%22%20t-line.webarchive but i want to build a folded design so it'll be more compact. I'm on a macbook btw. Thanks guys

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

it does sound like a waste of time... if your going to design and build something, you might as well make it worth your time and get some halfway decent woofers

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

yea id have to agree. You make these woofers sound absolutely horrible so i doubt youll have a rewarding outcome.

2011 Subaru WRX

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4AD

(2) Sets of Rockford Fosgate T3 6.5 Components

rf2c.png

In the works:

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1bdcp

(2)DC Audio 12" XLM2

Hey all, my friend bought some crap speakers from a yard sale for 2 bucks, and he has no way of powering them so naturally i picked them up and hacked something out to get them playing. I want to build a t-line enclosure for them as the boxes they're in right now are complete crap. However, while testing them in open air (and in general) they sound like total crap. The cone feels like it's made out of heavy paper and has a super-thin dust cap, hell even the surround feels like it's made out of paper. My question is, would it be a waste to build an enclosure for these speakers? Im kind of a noob at this and just want to start messing around, but if i won't get any rewarding results i dont want to waste my time and money. Also, can anyone recommend a good folded t-line caculator to me? i'm currently using this: file:///Users/STU4073/Fun/dual%208%22%20t-line.webarchive but i want to build a folded design so it'll be more compact. I'm on a macbook btw. Thanks guys

pics of said awesome speaks? but yeah Id have to agree with these guys. sounds like a waste of time....unless your building the box for other subs your gonna drop in after these blow....in that case, VIDS!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

haha pics and vids will have to wait a while. they're really just no-name speakers. I am also thinking of picking up some really cheap 8"ers to put in instead, like $25 each on audiosavings.com....just need to find a 120v amp for them

I don't think it would be a waste of time.

A proper tline will make any subwoofer sound good, the enclosure is what really makes it sound the way it sounds.

90% install 10% equipment ;)

And if they blow you can still put other woofers in it :)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Sounds to me like they're blown if they sound like shit being free aired. Buy the 8s and make a good tline with them it'll be much better.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

^^^^ yeah that's what i was thinking. only problem is they're so crappy that the box would have to be totally different for a new set of subs. i'm thinking about just doing one and getting a moderately-nice sub cuz i need it for my room anyways. any advice on amps?

I don't think it would be a waste of time.

A proper tline will make any subwoofer sound good, the enclosure is what really makes it sound the way it sounds.

90% install 10% equipment ;)

And if they blow you can still put other woofers in it :)

proper t-lines are great, but if hes a noob at this, he probably shouldnt start with a t-line, those can be tough to get right