bassHZ Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 depends my best friend wanted me to do a full install for him. doors head unit rear deck amp subs all of it. bypass bose you name it and in the cold. I just asked him who he was gonna get to do that. and what he say???.. i understand ive been in that situation millions of times its cool when when ur swimming in money but when ur broke we all need money to feed our addiction and some wanna throuw you a bone and call it even
bassHZ Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 No, I never do. But I do accept beer donations. lol thats where they money is going to go anyways!! lol OMG i hit 800 post ive been here for 11months !!
TeamHT Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 The road goes both ways. As a friend, could you really charge them for work? But look at this way. As a friend, how the hell can you mooch off of a friend? My time is money, and depending on whwt needs to be done, I will either do it for free or charge a third of what I normally would. But it also depends on the amount of time I spend. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
TeamHT Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 No, I never do. But I do accept beer donations. lol thats where they money is going to go anyways!! lol OMG i hit 800 post ive been here for 11months !! That's it? Lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
techforce Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 Me and my friend were talking about me working on some things for him when he gets his car, and I of course wouldn't charge somebody who is like a brother to me in a way. However, I want to know what YOU do. One of my friends wants gas money every time he dusts a crumb off the seat Depends on how you look at it or if you are hurting for money... When I have friends do something for me, I pay them even if they don't want it because almost everyone is short on money nowadays... Also, time is money... as a friend I feel that I would pay my friend more because I want to help and support them as well. As for someone asking for gas every time they go somewhere... I understand that because of how expensive gas is and the fact that there is insurance, the car and wear and tear... If I take someone somewhere when I am short on money I ask for gas money at least... And when someone drives me somewhere or does something for me, I pay them more than gas everytime.. I don't give them the option to ask for gas money... I immediatly tell them I will pay...
bassHZ Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 The road goes both ways. As a friend, could you really charge them for work? But look at this way. As a friend, how the hell can you mooch off of a friend? My time is money, and depending on whwt needs to be done, I will either do it for free or charge a third of what I normally would. But it also depends on the amount of time I spend. right i wouldnt have peace in mind knowing my friend just busted his nuts on my own car and he gets nothing in return that would be taking advantage
Spitfire2k6 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 Close Friends I've never charged Acquaintances I have... Just depends on the level of work really but I wouldn't charge my best mate for a full system, only materials Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!
iamGcast Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 I charge everybody that i know, friends, family dont care who it is. I hooked up one to many people and those people told other people and expected free installs. iamGcast
Cashdollar2009 Posted December 7, 2010 Report Posted December 7, 2010 depends my best friend wanted me to do a full install for him. doors head unit rear deck amp subs all of it. bypass bose you name it and in the cold. I just asked him who he was gonna get to do that. I'm with N8 Here. I'm cool with installing a battery, running a power wire, etc. Though, I don't have a lot of time to spare between school, work, and my itty bitty self time to spend an afternoon tearing apart other people's door panels and dashes so it really depends. On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said: Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.
n8ball2013 Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 depends my best friend wanted me to do a full install for him. doors head unit rear deck amp subs all of it. bypass bose you name it and in the cold. I just asked him who he was gonna get to do that. and what he say???.. i understand ive been in that situation millions of times its cool when when ur swimming in money but when ur broke we all need money to feed our addiction and some wanna throuw you a bone and call it even i forgot that was building and designing the box too. He just kinda looked at me and said i know a guy. Money isnt evne the issue. Thats a solid weekend fo work by myself. I got things i could be doing. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.