Parentnoia Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Well, I dont know how, but I killed my beats, at the HU. I went to remove the HU and when I removed the dash panel, one of the plugs to the air was slightly loose and sparked (car was in ACC mode because to remove the panel I have to move the shifter into low gear and cant do that with the key in and in ACC) and then it came all the way out. I went about my business, thinking nothing of it since it was just a simple spark, much like you would get if you connected the terminals of a 9V together with a paper clip. Got my remote wire fixed all pretty like (o-ring at one end, male disconnect on the other) and went to put the whole thing back together, and my HU didnt turn on when I plugged it in. I've checked EVERY fuse, and none are blown. No burnt wires, nothing noticeably wrong. And it saddens me because I just get my new set of tweeters ready for install and was hoping to do that after I got the remote wire all rerouted and whatnot... 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
JaM Customs aka mprete Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 what wire was loose that had power to it? 2001 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 5.9L V8 my build logs... dodge build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94914-mpretes-2001-dodge-ram-2500-quad-cab-build-log/ trik build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94447-trik-build/page__p__1298547__hl__trik__fromsearch__1entry1298547 box building thread- very cool designs (PICS!!!) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95713-2d-or-3d-box-pics/page__gopid__1318152entry1318152 i am a mechanic, pm me if you have questions or anything.
Alex K Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 this is why you always dissconnect your battery when you work in your car. 2006 Nissan Z Track. My Feedback Thread i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.
Parentnoia Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 this is why you always dissconnect your battery when you work in your car. Too bad I don't know how to... And it was the wire that plugs into the back of the setting knob that controls where the air comes out. 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
JaM Customs aka mprete Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 does that work still? can you change the settings? 2001 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 5.9L V8 my build logs... dodge build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94914-mpretes-2001-dodge-ram-2500-quad-cab-build-log/ trik build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94447-trik-build/page__p__1298547__hl__trik__fromsearch__1entry1298547 box building thread- very cool designs (PICS!!!) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95713-2d-or-3d-box-pics/page__gopid__1318152entry1318152 i am a mechanic, pm me if you have questions or anything.
Winn Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Lol dude you just unhook the negative terminal??? and make sure its not touching the battery You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back. JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE
Parentnoia Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 Well, it ain't that easy. To disconnect my battery I have to reach in and unscrew a butterfly nut and last time I tried that, I got a jolt, to say the least. 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
Parentnoia Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 does that work still? can you change the settings? It's stuck on "defrost" no matter what I turn the knob to. I dont know if the temperature knob still works, didnt run it long enough to see. And the speed knob still works like normal. Also, after I hooked everything back up like it was before, I can hear a faint whirring sound from somewhere in the car when I turn it to the second click. 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
Robert8252 Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Sounds like a fuse. Check the fuses under the hood 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.