Parentnoia Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 Well, some good news. Its working again. Bad news is, I feel a bit like an idiot. I dont think anything was actually wrong at all. I found out that my HU has an actual "OFF" mode. I had only experienced ON and CLOCK. But I figured out that if I hit the clock button while the radio is off, the whole thing goes blank (what I mistook for a problem). More good news is that in the process, I did find out my mirror fuse was blown. Also, the test light method didnt work. Now, one clarification from y'all's information. Is it the pos or neg end of the battery I disconnect? I need that info for when I get back to doing what I was trying to do yesterday. Also, I might take pictures. 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
Guest Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Negative clamp. Edit: take off both just to be safe. I always take off both
Rockbrook Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 always disconnect the POSITVIVE Battery Terminal Edit: Ninja'd Taking both off is a great step to eliminating errors too
LT.Smoke Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Glad to hear you didnt fry your stuff out in your truck... Remove the POSITIVE terminal...Removing both is defitely a true safeguard though Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
Mikesmith0890 Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 I remove both terminals and tape them off as well.. Yes it's a little much, but an extra 10 seconds and worth ensuring nothing happens. Sometimes the wires have a mind of their own haha AlphaDamp Sound Deadening CDL Mat - The best Vibration Damper Ever! I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England. Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.
Guest Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 yeah i dont know why i thought negative terminal, because amps will still be "hot" since + is still applied (if my logic is correct). i was too lazy to change my post for a 2nd time
Parentnoia Posted December 8, 2010 Author Report Posted December 8, 2010 I'm thinking of doing big three (or at least buying the wire) this weekend. Not because of issues with my system itself, but with the fact that my lights dim when starting my car... Also, does anyone know what would cause my highbeams to not work? Headlights themselves work but when I flip on highbeams, the switch off and leave my fog lights on. 1999 GMC Suburban SLTNo system planned just yet. Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.
Relyks Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 i had same problem with my truck but that only happened when my subs hit and it was cause not enough power so i did a lil wire upgrading ( yes the big 3 ) 0/1 and it fixed itself but im not saying that could be the same for u. --> My Toyota Build Link / AudioQue Build . <-- Latest Update 1/16/12
dwright27 Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 Lol dude you just unhook the negative terminal??? and make sure its not touching the battery WRONG you always, always, ALWAYS remove the positive terminal. If you just disconnect the negative terminal that terminal can touch ANYTHING metal and ground out. You always disconnect negative. Every manual you'll ever read will tell you the same. So how is EVERY electronic company wrong? I understand what you're saying though 2006 F-150 4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver XS Power 4 DC 3.5kw Team DC Team S.P.L. Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0 DC Audio Dealer American Bass Dealer XS Power Dealer Audio Technix Dealer
Guest Posted December 8, 2010 Report Posted December 8, 2010 I'm thinking of doing big three (or at least buying the wire) this weekend. Not because of issues with my system itself, but with the fact that my lights dim when starting my car... Also, does anyone know what would cause my highbeams to not work? Headlights themselves work but when I flip on highbeams, the switch off and leave my fog lights on. why do you care if your lights dim when starting? your starter is pulling a few hundred amps out of that battery for 2 seconds and you're worried about lights dimming? that should be the least of your concerns if your lights dim when starting.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.