Sonic Electronix

Can 1 SMD 18 on 4000watts do a hairtrick?

jus my 2cents, but from my understanding isnt the key to a hair trick moving alotta mass.... eather high xmax & or alotta mass... ?

-06' f-150...

audio.video.performance.visual

-08' yfz 450

all go. no sho

im sorry but you should be doign higher then a 145.6 with that much power.

If you want to do a decent hairtrick now no one beside someone who owns the exactl vehicle you have will be able to tell you but my suggestion is either port back sub up or port and sub back. either way i'd have the port along the bottom with about 15-18 sq inches of port per cube with about 6-6.5 cubes

so wat ur saying is face the subwoofer up, and have the port facing the tail gate? in a 6-6.5 cubic box but the sub recommends a 7 cubic box

and how much should it be tuned to?

Yea pretty much the onyl problem with the SMD is the mounting depth maybe try haveing the port on the driver side that will probably give you your best results and no the SMD is a small enclosure sub but seeing as i've talked to nick( one of the designer of it) you'll be fine a a 6.5-7 cube box but like i said i think form 6-6.5 will be good for you tuned from anywhere from 28-33 hz that'll help you out with the frequencies that a hairtrick usually happens in.

alright so i should go with a rectangular port idea on the drivers side and not a aeroport?

personally i've never used them people say they are more efficent but i dno for surei dno if i like the sound of aero ports i think they have a different sound for sure

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

just for shits and gigs invert the bitch. That should do somethin, and it takes 10min to do it at no cost! :drinks:

lol box is mounted and then i have the amp rack lot of work to do that

but thanks for the idea

am i the only one who thinks 2 yellow tops isnt enough power for said amp?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

jus my 2cents, but from my understanding isnt the key to a hair trick moving alotta mass.... eather high xmax & or alotta mass... ?

key to a hair trick is to move a lot of air. You can only move air with cone area, therefore more cone area = more air movement.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

3 batteries plus one h/o alternator

You can try I this thread LINK the comments on your build might be in here. I just don't feel like going through the whole thing to look. It also might be a good thread for you as it was a single SMD sub set up.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

personally i've never used them people say they are more efficent but i dno for surei dno if i like the sound of aero ports i think they have a different sound for sure

usually at competitions ppl always have the aeroports

its displacing alot of air. and when your limited on cone area you need alot of x-max and need to be able to displace enough air out of your box to do that

nope i thought it too but decided to focus on one aspect of this build. yellow tops aren't good for car audio and those T4ks are current hungry

key to a hair trick is to move a lot of air. You can only move air with cone area, therefore more cone area = more air movement.

didn't you say do 2 12's? which has less cone area then 1 18

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

You can try I this thread LINK the comments on your build might be in here. I just don't feel like going through the whole thing to look. It also might be a good thread for you as it was a single SMD sub set up.

thanks man that really helped yah i can probably design something like that for my jeep

once again thanks alot

Archived