FU@CK LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your problems...

As far as the cause... could be a wheel bearing or bent shaft (which you would most likely feel)... I would jack that side of the car up and check for play at the wheel... a junk inner wheel bearing (which is also the shaft support) would allow the shaft to move and damage the seal.

Junkyards are your friend... you could pull a complete rearend for $100 or so and a few hours... or pull that shaft for $20 and I believe the bearing is pressed onto the shaft... so you would get the bearing and shaft and kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone.

Anyways... good luck man

-Chris

03' Black Z71 Tahoe
3" Lift / 315/70/R17 Goodyear Duratracs
Eclipse AVN6620 Touchscreen Head Unit
Hifonics BRX3016 - 3krms @ 1ohm
2 RE Auido SX 18s - 14.5^3ft net @ 30hz w/ 200^2in. port
120hp Cummins 4bta Swap

but it all depends on what seal is leaking, so please clarify if you get a chance.

Go eat a honey bun, life will improve bro lol

Inside joke for those that want to think its a post dump..

that was good that made me laugh! where can i buy a pallet?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Shit jon I thought u smuggled the things...... u asking where to get a pallet............

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

These kind of things sucks man, it happened to me with a Honda CBR 250RR back home (we can´t buy big bikes because you get kidnapped, rob or even kill) , well i used the bike for 2 months and behaved great, she was looking like shit so i bought all the body new, painted the bike, new tires, etc etc etc TONS of accesories, i spent almost twice the money that the bike costed me, what happened? well, after 2 months of work on the bike i finally take it out the bike and that same day, the engine broke down!!!

Spent TONS of money repairing it and she didn´t work well, i had to buy another engine, spent even more money brining the engine from Japan!!! 2 months later i finally have my engine, spent a whole night installing it, next day i take out the bike for a ride, everything working awesome for about 2 hours, i´m at a stop light and when i turn to my right, i have a guy with a gun pointing to my head, i slowly try to get in the first gear and run from there when, from the car in front of me, 2 more guys get out with guns and rob the fucking bike, and you seriously hate life because the car has an oil leak??? hahaha.

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

the first time it blew i replaced the bearing and seal with timken then it went again so i swapped it out figuring it was a faulty part. this time i noticed there was some good damage to the axle so i did what everyone told me and replaced that along with getting the axle repair bearing and seal kit. went out today and saw all the fluid on the ground. :angry:

Damn really you have done the axle already???? I am at a loss then, I was thinking that could have been the problem. What rear end is in it an 8.8" (think is the smaller one) or a 9"? I don't live around the corner or anything so it would be a little bit of a drive, but like I say if I see anything I will let you know. Have you by chance tried the Rancho Cordova junk yards to price a new one (I know you said that buying a new/used one was not really what you wanted to do)? May I ask who has done the work with the R&R of the seals and bearings, you or a shop?

im not sure on the size i called a few and went to most of the wreckers they will only sell the rear end complete. the work was done by myself and a guy thats been building cars for years. im starting to think my rear might be damaged. :shrug:

Here is a link to a site that has new axles, if you wanted to go that direction.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/details/QQFordQQCrown_VictoriaQQRugged_RidgeQQAxle_ShaftQQ19982002QQ15160.html?apwcid=P1135867996W43b3f85c7ab9e&apwidTdGA54w

Here is another one that is a little cheaper, but they say it is out of stock.

http://www.am-autoparts.com/AM/Axle-Parts-Front-Rear/Ford/CrownVictoria/-/AM-67368213/

How long have you had this car before this problem started? If not long then maybe it has a bent axle tube and that is what is causing the problem.

my first problem happened last winter i did a little 3second burnout in the rain and its been down hill sense.

if your takin it to a shop i will say quit going there and find a new place to take it to. if you are doing it then there has to be something that you are doing wrong with the seal. idk thats a lot of money to spend and have the same outcome. how long does it last? how much fluid are you putting in it you could be overfilling it

this time i put it in went for a short drive and everything seemed good. until this morning there was a puddle under the tire area. i put 2 and a half courts with the friction modifier that ford said i had to use.

/Rant

Its a former police car? thats your problem right there...I wouldnt buy an old cop. I live near a police district and I see them dog the living shit outta those cars on a daily basis. Chances are yours was too. Since you already replaced all the parts I thought would be your problem, Im not really sure what to tell ya. Good luck bro, keep your head up.

i use to say the same because rumors i heard. but every cop car i had has been far better than most of the cars i have bought and sold. and i have had more cars than the average person and some.

Things will get better john just hang in there, if it makes you feel any better I got that fucker kicked out last night lol

lmao your wrong

yea it could be a bent axle. but usauly it will vibrate or wobble when your driving if its bent.

correct it will vibrate bad, my new one is not doing that its actually pretty snug and to the eye looks great.

well first off what seal are you talking about there is 3 on an axle. the 2 outer seals that are at the wheels or the seal around the input shaft (the one by the axle). if its the input shaft then the input shaft is bent. they are fairly cheap but a shop has to put it in cuz they have to set back lash and re shim it and all that good stuff. or you might.. be able to just replace the shaft and bearings without taking the whole thing apart but i dont think you can (im not 100% on the design of the ford 8.8) and for the record police vehicles are a good car to buy because they are so cheap and crown vics tend to last a really long time. but if you got one that was in an accident or something stupid happened to it then well... you will put money into it. but yea if you have any more questions just ask me, ill try to halp you out in answering questions or looking anything up for you.

from what im told there is an outer seal and bearing the end part i was told sits on a race (sp) im also pretty sure its never been in a wreck thats whats confusing me big time.

Sorry to hear about your problems...

As far as the cause... could be a wheel bearing or bent shaft (which you would most likely feel)... I would jack that side of the car up and check for play at the wheel... a junk inner wheel bearing (which is also the shaft support) would allow the shaft to move and damage the seal.

Junkyards are your friend... you could pull a complete rearend for $100 or so and a few hours... or pull that shaft for $20 and I believe the bearing is pressed onto the shaft... so you would get the bearing and shaft and kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone.

Anyways... good luck man

-Chris

pick n pull wants 300 for it but i have had no luck finding one for my car i only see 03 and up i can only use 99-02

but it all depends on what seal is leaking, so please clarify if you get a chance.

i just put in the axle repair bearing and seal. its a solid part. the dealer told me i should use it so i did.

Shit jon I thought u smuggled the things...... u asking where to get a pallet............

where is my middle finger smiley :ban2:

/Rant

These kind of things sucks man, it happened to me with a Honda CBR 250RR back home (we can´t buy big bikes because you get kidnapped, rob or even kill) , well i used the bike for 2 months and behaved great, she was looking like shit so i bought all the body new, painted the bike, new tires, etc etc etc TONS of accesories, i spent almost twice the money that the bike costed me, what happened? well, after 2 months of work on the bike i finally take it out the bike and that same day, the engine broke down!!!

Spent TONS of money repairing it and she didn´t work well, i had to buy another engine, spent even more money brining the engine from Japan!!! 2 months later i finally have my engine, spent a whole night installing it, next day i take out the bike for a ride, everything working awesome for about 2 hours, i´m at a stop light and when i turn to my right, i have a guy with a gun pointing to my head, i slowly try to get in the first gear and run from there when, from the car in front of me, 2 more guys get out with guns and rob the fucking bike, and you seriously hate life because the car has an oil leak??? hahaha.

edit

no need to explain.

/Rant

We ain´t talking about familys or any other things, oh yes we all have problems, try getting robbed 36 times in a single year in Venezuela, getting friends and family members killed, or even getting kidnapped for 3 weeks tied up to a bed without eating where i lost 55 pounds and my family had to pay a few hundred thousend dollars fo my rescue!!

Anyways, we are talking about your car, sorry to hear about it, and about the other problems, well good luck with them , everything in life can be solved, just try to be possitive everytime, at least you got your helth, and just remember, it always can be worse!! :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

We ain´t talking about familys or any other things, oh yes we all have problems, try getting robbed 36 times in a single year in Venezuela, getting friends and family members killed, or even getting kidnapped for 3 weeks tied up to a bed without eating where i lost 55 pounds and my family had to pay a few hundred thousend dollars fo my rescue!!

Anyways, we are talking about your car, sorry to hear about it, and about the other problems, well good luck with them , everything in life can be solved, just try to be possitive everytime, at least you got your helth, and just remember, it always can be worse!! :drinks:

im calling bullshit on getting robbed 36 times in a yr and super bullshit on the " few hundred thousand dollars FO your rescue!!" cool story bro you should write a book :good:

anyway thanks to those that are trying to help me figure this out. i really appreciate it. if anybody can think of anything else please let me know. my ears are open

/Rant

Archived