This is something I've wanted to talk about as long as I've started here. When I first got in the hobby, it didn't take much to impress me. I thought 1000 watts was a lot of power. 2000 watts was for real bass heads. 4000 was for people out of their minds. I got my first true taste of car audio going to shops, talking to owners and listening to their demo vehicles when I was younger. That was like the most power you heard about in shops and still is in some. Now guys have 1000 watts on tweeters. I now feel to be adequate, you need about 10K wattage wise. True bass heads are now 20K and out of their mind people are 30K and up. I know a lot of you guys are seasoned vets, but anybody else thought the same? My last stereo was 2400 watts and I thought it was loud. My very first was 800 watts. I don't even want another setup until it is low and loud enough to choke me and blur my vision. It wasn't until I go here, that I saw the power I was dealing with was for amateurs.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

yes. i completely agree.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

I was happy with only 10kw.

It's not how much power you have, it's how you use it.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

true, there's alot of people pushing alot of power.

dissagree on "True bass heads are now 20K". a true basshead can push 50 watts on their headphones. 1krms on their car. no level to be consider one.

my very first set up was 3k "WATTS". then i got to 2.5k rms and wow, im happy as fuck! but my other same amp is shipping to me real soon. cant wait for my 5krms set up is finish to be real happy !!!!!!

not a winning thread. lol

Edited by __d_a_v_i_d__

Nvrmind

Edited by StreetSlappah

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

The way people evolve, start with say 135dbs thinking your loud and happy, which I admit I actually enjoyed riding around listening more back then. To now having to have 150 plus to even think about being happy to come to find out u need 155 to consider being happy again.

I'm same way, I won't have another real setup until it moves enough air for a hairtrick. Period. I keep trying to go SQueer, but don't think I'll be satisfied.

When I first got into audio, the biggest amps I saw in shops were like the MOJO 4K and such. I was in shock and awe about that much power. Now that is used on one woofer. I;m fairly young, but my idea of bass head wattage has completely changed in recent years.

Edited by ChampN252

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

i dont think having less power makes you any less of a bass head. who is more dedicated, the guy that throws $5000 into a loud ass system or the guy that spends $2500 and is just as loud as the 1st guy with half the stuff because they are a better builder? it takes all kinds, everyone has their style and what they can afford. we all all out of our minds.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.