Cablguy's 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Extended Cab

Are you sure about putting an aggressive cam in it? The truck, by my understanding, is basically a daily/tow rig...that also spends quite a bit of time at idle. Honestly, in my opinion, putting even a mild cam in it isn't a great idea. Something like http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-2102?seid=srese1&gclid=CJD1v9njsroCFSEV7AodA0EAdQ this would be a nicer cam to put in it, along with an 0411 PCM swap and a good tune. The PCM swap is fairly cheap, but tuning can get you. The BIG advantages can be found on the GMT400 forum, that's where I found most of the info about it.

If your lady let you allocate enough cash, a 6.0l lq4/9 truck motor and a 4l80e with a 3.73 12 or 14 bolt...bad ass tow rig there :)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Engine swap or total rebuild it not in the cards ...

I just want a little above stock to sound good at shows ...

Stock with good exhaust is enough horsepower for me ...

With soo many events to drive to next year, gas mileage is a must !!!

To be honest, get it back running normal is good enough for now ... Got a lot to get done for next years competition season ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

If you putting a bigger cam in there, in most cases have to change the timing chain, as well as better springs. You WILL need a tune. I just went threw with this in my 98 suburban. I started with a cam upgrade when i was having the motor rebuilt. ended up with a huge headace. The cam lobe caused the truck to stall eveytime i came to a stop unless i gassed it alittle. It idealed something awful and i put in a very minor cam upgrade.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cca-08-407-8/overview/

this was mine

Be prepared for a tune

V-max intake spacer, 0411 pcm with a dyno tune, and shorty headers and if you can bump up to 4:10's. The pcm swap isn't to bad.

The only step I haven't completed is the vmax spacer. Its sitting in a box waiting to be installed.

V-max intake spacer, 0411 pcm with a dyno tune, and shorty headers and if you can bump up to 4:10's. The pcm swap isn't to bad.

The only step I haven't completed is the vmax spacer. Its sitting in a box waiting to be installed.

Fly me out, I'll do it!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If its that much trouble ... It will stay stock then.

This is not a hot rod, I just want it to look like one ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Be patient guys ... This ain't my first Chevy truck !!!

I don't do anything to this truck without a game plan ...

Fly me out, I'll do it!

LOL, I'll get it done this winter. I finally have some vacation time coming.

If its that much trouble ... It will stay stock then.

This is not a hot rod, I just want it to look like one ...

All these upgrades aren't too much trouble. It's addictive just like all hobbies :)

All depands on exactly is wrong with the truck when I get the engine torn apart and how much money I have to work with ...

There is a lot of audio / body work that needs to be done before SBN Daytona that takes precedence over hot rod engine parts ...

As soon as I can drive it again ... The enclosure and amp rack has to come out ... The bed has to come off to get the air bags properly installed ...

Then we have to make repairs to the enclosure, and build a new amp rack to go into the bed of the truck ...

... And then there's the question of are we going to build kick pannel enclosures for midbass drivers ...

Oh yea, both doors need to be replaced and repainted to match the truck ...

There it more, just can't think of it now ...

I forgot how much I hate mechanic work ...

Archived