Sonic Electronix

He said "10 cubes net"

10 cubes net. he probably has gross and net confused. not saying he does, but maybe. you cannot really get a Net number without accounting for woofer displacement, wood displacement, port displacement, and bracing displacement.

He said "10 cubes net"

10 cubes net. he probably has gross and net confused. not saying he does, but maybe. you cannot really get a Net number without accounting for woofer displacement, wood displacement, port displacement, and bracing displacement.

That is very true sir, but he did say "net". We'll get true measurements then make a calculated decision

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

honestly if you doing this dreamin or for real, first get the box calculator from here, google sketch up or something where you can draw the 3d box and figure out how big box is inside and out with displacement of everything from port to sub/s

to get a good system it takes alot of planning of the box if the box if f'ed up then it don't matter what sub or how many you have it will sound like crap

thats one thing i've learned :)

but you did come to the right place there are many here who can help you and know ALOT about boxes and well everything you need to know about setting up a system you will find someone who knows and is willing to help you out

generically saying "a pair of 18's needs this much space" is kind of ignorant. It depends on WHAT 18's...what are the specs on THAT sub? I've seen (and designed) subs for many different applications. example: how many here have seen a 12 that only needs a cube? how about a 12 that needs 8 cubes? probably both. I think his space limitations are going to dictate exactly which subs he can use, depending on how many he wants, and what he wants to do with them.

Look at the port length on Andrew McCain's van...4 18's and the port is only 6 inches long. granted, it's also 18"x49" in area, blanket statements, like are being made, too easily confuse kids who are new to the game.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it