Sonic Electronix

Dynamat vs FatMat vs Peel & Seal

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=51 Much better then any of the others discussed, with the exception of second skin but much cheaper

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

I have one layer of Fatmat in my trunk, i used a heat gun to apply it, and it smelled a little like tar for about a day. This did give me a noticeable decrease in trunk rattle and fender flex when i was running 2000wrms. I think now that i have more power i need another layer or two.

Thanks man...I was gonna go with peel & seal, but after looking at prices, i think fatmat will be better. I just don't want my car to end up smelling like crap.

INsted of being a dick.. I have used Peel and seal and would not use it... it makes a mess of your car and doesn't come off very easy.Just buy some second skin or fat mat.peel and seal sucks,do it right then first time so you do not have to redo your work..

2-10 inch hx2's rfd2110 getting close to 1200 watts rms

PWK enclosure-rear loading folded horn

1-mtx 81000d

1-SAX-100.4

1-alpine h/u

1-set of cdt's euro components

1-set of alpine type's

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=51 Much better then any of the others discussed, with the exception of second skin but much cheaper

HAHA. Try again buddy.

OP, click the link in my sig. Should be easy enough for ya.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

you have no idea what youre talking about. and ive said that as nice as i possibly could. have you used fatmat, hushmat, rattletrap, or any of the others mentioned? if someone seriously has NO money then i would suggest edead. and even then the $2sq ft. ive used the 45, and it is OK. not good, not great, not bad just OK. and no way i would better than any of the fatmat products, ESPECIALLY rattletrap.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I find it funny maxim is talking about high horses and being mean to new people...I can think of three different threads started by complete noobs who you just laughed at.

And I think boiler and others may have some rough edges but don't he does bring a good point.

Not to mention a subject covered multiple times weekly I can understand the annoyance. Especially if he's already read threads but felt they were wastes of time.

I have used secondskin and if you don't care about price, then get it. And use, the thickness of the deadener is important. I've used edead and fatmat and both are great. But two to three layers really barely compare to one layer of quality deadner. If you feel like you want to be cheap, then be cheap. Deadener is one of the most overlooked but expensive and essential upgrades for quality control. I have used rattletrap and am impressed the most with it.

If you could point me in the direction of those posts that'd be awesome. I can't remember the last time I acted cocky to someone asking a legitimate question (something you can't just Google and find on the first page of searches). I've had my fair share of joking posts but I've never come into a topic and insulted someone in the way Bakerman was insulted. And if you pull up the post regarding the guy from India with 2 posts selling Sony Xplods for $2500 or some shit I'm seriously just going to laugh.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

that is peal and seal nothing else.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived