So a couple weeks ago I snatched up a 60" Mitsubishi DLP TV that does 3D, they had blowout prices right around black friday. I'm blown away by the picture on these things! Even though I had to buy a 3D starter kit and some extra glasses I'm still only into the whole setup for about $1000. Movies kick ass and the 3D Gran Turismo 5 is the best! If anyone is on the fence about upgrading I say do it, the deals are out there right now. I know a lot of people here dump all their extra money into the car audio but I love electronics and try to enhance every aspect of my life, not just when I'm in the car.

sounds sick, I would get one but i has no monies for a TV at the moment, def time to upgrade and almost did during that same weekend but thought twice and kept my change lol bet that thing looks like a monster in your living room, i have the GT5 but def would wanna try it on a 3D TV

Wish I had the money for one ... :shrug:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

i dont really get the whole 3d tv thing. used to have 3d on video years ago on normal tv ffs. And what if you already have prescription glasses ? you gotta wear 2 pairs ? . People are revewing it and not really raving about it so i think i will give it a miss for now. although i seen saw 3d at the cinema and it was great i kinda got a headache watching it

ill skip the 3d for now and settle for a 55 led i guess.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You can't compare the 3D from today to the old stuff, this looks as good as a theater IMO. I got this TV for $599 shipped, I wish I could have gotten the 72 or 82" though. I had a 60" already, just a few years old so I was able to sell that for $400 and cover a good portion of the cost on the new one. I guess some people don't get into it but I'm loving it 100%, its a pain to get everything set up and I've got my computer running off it too so getting the 3D files to play off it was a lot of trial and error.

Personally, I don't want a TV that has 3D. One, I have prescription glasses, and two, it just seems like a waste of money. If I want to see something in 3D, I'll take a stroll outside. Besides, there are so many flaws with 3D, especially the fact that it never feels like true 3D.

Personally, I don't want a TV that has 3D. One, I have prescription glasses, and two, it just seems like a waste of money. If I want to see something in 3D, I'll take a stroll outside. Besides, there are so many flaws with 3D, especially the fact that it never feels like true 3D.

I have prescription glasses and have no issues. I know this isn't for everyone but I'm very happy with the effect and everyone who's come over and seen it really likes it too.

I have prescription glasses and have no issues. I know this isn't for everyone but I'm very happy with the effect and everyone who's come over and seen it really likes it too.

Well, does your TV operate with the 'special' 3D glasses, or does it not need them? Some do, and some don't, so I dunno. The new Nintendo 3DS is 3D, and you don't need special glasses. I think some TVs are like that as well.