Sonic Electronix

I'm going to do a 5 cube box. I have a truck now so I can go all out. My box was made for a car. Lol. But I'm sick of going through woofers even when I tune the with an oscope. It pisses me off. The kickers are nice but from all the other ones I've owned they blow fast as fuck.

Great!

Do it, do it right. Otherwise, go home =P

this thread had to be a joke, no way in hell would your idea work.

/thread

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Well let me ask. Wouldn't a 5 cube box be big enough? And Im just going to junk the kicker. I'm sick of their shit breaking. But I will use just one 18 and and I was thinking that since I love how my stetsom sounds now I was going to get another one and strap them together for 6kw rms. I don't want to over power a expensive sub like this or have a shitty design in my box to have the woofer bottom out when its hitting. That's why I want all the help I can get. I know I don't have a great electrical system (270 amp mechman alt, all 0 gauge, xs power d3100 and s3400 Batt. ) but its still not shitty

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Well let me ask. Wouldn't a 5 cube box be big enough? And Im just going to junk the kicker. I'm sick of their shit breaking. But I will use just one 18 and and I was thinking that since I love how my stetsom sounds now I was going to get another one and strap them together for 6kw rms. I don't want to over power a expensive sub like this or have a shitty design in my box to have the woofer bottom out when its hitting. That's why I want all the help I can get. I know I don't have a great electrical system (270 amp mechman alt, all 0 gauge, xs power d3100 and s3400 Batt. ) but its still not shitty

Shit send me the kicker ha ill be glad to take it off your hands.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Its blown so u need a new SPAIR but it doesn't have any part of the coil that came apart or something like that. Honestly id say fuck kicker. I have had 3 subs from them. All underpowered to shit and setup on oscopes and they all blew. They deft do not run at rms rating and no matter what heat up fast and smell like shit. The titanium on the cone is so bad that it got warm (mind you I could touch it and it was ice cold) but it bubbled up the damn titanium that is inside the coil gap. Wtf is with that??

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Why not just go local for a box? I mean, you're from Tonawanda NY. Dude, I know people in our (Central NY) area that can probably build you a box just as good. I mean, there's guys in North Tonawanda Not saying Steve's boxes are bad but with shipping and all that, it'll be expensive.

Also, LOL @ making a AA SMD fit in a solox 12 box.

Ok so what shops would you suggest I go to and have them make me a box. I already have 3/4 mdf boards, 3 full sheets. And id supply them to someone I can trust and get somewhere with making a damn good box for a beastly smd.

Its blown so u need a new SPAIR but it doesn't have any part of the coil that came apart or something like that. Honestly id say fuck kicker. I have had 3 subs from them. All underpowered to shit and setup on oscopes and they all blew. They deft do not run at rms rating and no matter what heat up fast and smell like shit. The titanium on the cone is so bad that it got warm (mind you I could touch it and it was ice cold) but it bubbled up the damn titanium that is inside the coil gap. Wtf is with that??

underpowering can be just as bad as overpowering, i believe even when using an oscope theres more to just setting things with an oscope for an underpowered sub

plus melting point for titanium...isnt that like in the thousands of celsius, thats why they build spaceships with that stuff, if your "titanium" is bubbling, i believe it is false materials, or something else would have caused that but sounds weird

i personally dont like kicker much but a friend of mine has ran his solo x on 600rms each for well over a year now and they have done well and i had 2 kicker cvr 15s underpowered at 250rms rated at 500rms and they sounded nice

there is a reason kicker is prolly in tyop 2-3 of most mass produced subs, if you bought it from best buy i would be more understanding as stores like that only sell entry level cheap stuff mostly, but if you bought it from another source especially if its a solo x, i would think its good material for being a mass produced sub, so why not think, is it something i may be doing to keep blowing these subs, you can have all the right equipment, but user error is the number 1 problem in stuff going boom

underpowering can be just as bad as overpowering....

Underpowering a speaker with a clean signal will not damage it. That's a myth.

Op- I could possibly build you a box

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

underpowering can be just as bad as overpowering....

Underpowering a speaker with a clean signal will not damage it. That's a myth.

Op- I could possibly build you a box

yes but ive read plenty by many people on here that say box specs and such should be different base don underpowering, overpowering, or playing at recommended specs

which is why i said it could be just as bad, im not trying to prove/disprove myths, just saying that an enclosure may need to be different depending on how it is powered and that just using an oscope doesnt guarantee it to be safe (now it may have clean signal and it may not effect it, but i always thought an enclosure would still have an effect if its not done right)

{ btw, not quoting the whole line of text referring to the statement kind of givers the wrong impression, what you quoted and what i said in total about it gi ves to different explanations i think}

Archived