Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

2 smds 1 kicker warhorse?


Recommended Posts

Posted

no I'm not, I am who I am and no need to say it over and over again. you want to ride my ass you can find out for your self. Like I said 4 times now, I didn't want to get in a pissing match with you guys, you are the ones who wouldn't drop it. So stfu already and stop clogging the thread up already

:bull:

I found some 1/3 power numbers on caraudiomag.com; they measured 88%.

If you dont want to say who you are you shouldnt say "all I'm going to do is laugh at you, you don't even know who I am. "

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Posted

you were told it would work already?

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Posted

what question? I thought they were answered: Do not run your warhorse at 1 ohm, you need two dual 4's to get a 2 ohm load on the amp, nobody commented on the alternator because thats's a statement not a question and up to you. :shrug:

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Posted

what question? I thought they were answered: Do not run your warhorse at 1 ohm, you need two dual 4's to get a 2 ohm load on the amp, nobody commented on the alternator because thats's a statement not a question and up to you. :shrug:

Also u can get 2 d1s because SMDs don't come in 4ohms

Posted

Get as much alternator power as you can afford and fit. If you can afford dual alts then you NEED them. The higher you can keep your voltage, the more power you are going to see out of the amp.

Posted

The higher you can keep your voltage, the more power you are going to see out of the amp.

I believe their limits are 15.5 volts though.

Cody, I know what you meant though. You were talking about a 12volt electrical system (which shouldn't be charged over 14.8 volts).

I just didn't want the OP to be confused if he doesn't have a lot of knowledge.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

The higher you can keep your voltage, the more power you are going to see out of the amp.

I believe their limits are 15.5 volts though.

Cody, I know what you meant though. You were talking about a 12volt electrical system (which shouldn't be charged over 14.8 volts).

I just didn't want the OP to be confused if he doesn't have a lot of knowledge.

You are correct here. I keep mine charging at 14.9-15.1, just depends how the alt is feeling that day. I have a VCM on order to help control this better.

As hdorre said before 15.5v is the shutoff point for the warhorse.

I have also said this before in this thread but I will give you this info again. I have 8 XS D3400s, which give me 32000w in power handling. They are being charged currently by a mechman 270amp alternator (I have a new 350 amp unit ordered). At FULL TILT my voltage drops to 12.5 at the batteries and 12v at the amp. The closer you can keep your voltage to 14.4 the more power you will see.

Posted

okay so im designing my box and this is what i came up with

BoxDesign218s.jpg

thats my box design i want it to have red LEDs in it with smoked lexan

BoxTuning.jpg

thats what its tuned to

how does this look?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 508 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...