Sonic Electronix

Hey guys so was wondering what you guys think. I am tight with a local shop they give me great deals on everything i buy and charge me almost nothing on installs and hook my friends up better than any local shop in the area as well. They somewhat sponsored me while i had my first system and are basically doing it again, Like everytime i send a friend in they give them a great deal and toss me a few bucks and pay me for everytime anyone who goes there and hook me up even more. for instance when i went in with my mmats one had blown and they said they would have to send it back to be reconed and they did they also said it was going to take a few weeks to get it back so the owner bought me a new one and i didnt pay anything for it and also got to keep the one that got reconed. My problem is is that i had stuff on layaway ie a deck my speakers front and rear and the 4channel amp cuz i was in a car accident and lost my system. SO i went in today to make a payment i owe another 100 bucks for everything and thats excluding the sub. I have been looking around and was thinking i would go with dc audio subs instead and i went in today and told the owner that i want to go a diff route with the sub only and he had informed me that if i do that my "sponsorship" would basically stop and that all the deals i get and my friends get would stop also. He also said the stuff i had on layaway would also be taken saying that it was supposed to be paid off in 3 months and it has taken me 5.

So what do you think i should do take what ever i can get and cut my ties with them, or keep in their good graces and get mainstream brand subs besides mmats and orion and keep the great deals i get and get my friends and dont forget i also get money in my pocket everytime someone buys something that i know or went in because of me.

Honestly, if you cant do it your self, help promote the shop... if you can do all the shit your self, do it...

But getting a steady little cash here and there is always nice as well...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

kinda messed up to hold you to it, but you didn't say no. and you have been accepting there good deals/sponsorship, so personally Id keep going to them (as long as there legit) until you've paid off your layaway. sounds like theres more to the story then this, but they're hooking you up pretty nicely. Orion and MMATS have some good ass equipment so its not like they're screwing you over. after its paid off, if you feel like going with DC, then do it; but keep in mind, why would a shop want to sponsor someone whose not using there equipment?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

To me it seems they are holding you "hostage" to a point where you can't switch brands they sell.

I would just get away from them and do your own stuff.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I mean it does suck being held hostage and i get that if they going to hook me up then yea i gotta rep there stuff they are mad legit and good guys and help me out and all of my close friends as well. Its hard i mean i cant do complete installs so they do everything i basically tip the guys like 30 bucks to install my stuff where other people are paying 65 and hr

Doing your own system or install is actually pretty simple as long as you take the time to learn how to do it all correctly. If you are a good mind you will pick up on mostly the basics of stuff very quickly.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I have never done an install on a new car, my car is new and i dont have all the tools or the space no driveway use or garage. I have built a box before though but thats it dont really have the patients for it to do it all by myself taking the car apart and puting it together all by myself. if i do choose to stay with them what sub would you recomend obv it would be mainstream. Kicker, Jl, mtx, jbl. Before discovering dc i was looking at a w7, mtx 9500, and a jbl gti mkii

just stick with them, do some competitions and rep there store, eventually you will both grow and they will start to carry other stuff like DC, or convince then to sell DC stuff and be a dealer.