David711 Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 I've been getting a little here and there from a local shop then last week a friend of mine was showing me his sub that they hooked up so i asked how it was wired and he didn't know then after talking we pulled it out of the box and only 1 of 2 coils were hooked up and bridged on this alpine amp. I hooked it up right so it was running both coils and he must of thought I didn't know what I was doing and took it back to shop and they unhooked the coil and now he's out of 30 dollars so they could hook up 1 coil. Just waiting for his sub to burn up "WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"
Incin Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 Man that's evil. But it shows how much a friend will trust another well, it'll make you shit bricks.
HHR Ed Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 It wont burn up, only if the 1 coil is over powered. Ed Lester ShowtimeSPL Host Showtime Electronics Video MarketingMy old Build Loghttp://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl 5 time dB Drag Finalist Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way. Loudest score ever = 171dB 2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion
David711 Posted December 22, 2010 Author Report Posted December 22, 2010 It wont burn up, only if the 1 coil is over powered. Its definatly over powered when the amp is only on 1 coil. I think the amp is a little too much for both coils actually "WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"
bassahaulic Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 Reminds me of a shop around me. lol
David711 Posted December 22, 2010 Author Report Posted December 22, 2010 Reminds me of a shop around me. lol I just don't get that we sat talking for awhile about ohm loads and explained that there's 2 coils for a reason and he still thought the shop was right because they are a shop and not just a person like me that doesn't "own" a building lol. "WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"
bassahaulic Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 Reminds me of a shop around me. lol I just don't get that we sat talking for awhile about ohm loads and explained that there's 2 coils for a reason and he still thought the shop was right because they are a shop and not just a person like me that doesn't "own" a building lol. You can't help some people man. I was at the shop I go to a lot here, they are very knowledgeable people. And while I was in there I had two kids tell me sealed was louder then ported, no matter what. I told them the truck sitting outside with 12 10"s on 10k was ported and they said if we switched to sealed, it would be louder. :facepalm:
TeamHT Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 I can think of some LOUD as shit sealed builds.... Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
StreetSlappah Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 Let him learn his lesson it'll teach him a thing or two about clueless shops. Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center] Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/ 2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp 17" gold bbs 5% tint all around w/sunglare strip JVC dvd double din Knuconceptz 4ga wiring XS Power! Big 3 8" SAv2 d2 1800 audiopipe
nCOMP1337 Posted December 22, 2010 Report Posted December 22, 2010 i had a similar issue with a friend of mine, he blew one of his subs and it ended up being that the shop set his gain almost all the way up and the n bass boost was all the way up, i set the gain with a DMM, best i got right now, and lowered his bass boost to like roughly 1/8 or so, his system still sounded great (2 12 inch solo baric - 750rms i think) anyways when he wen t back in to go from two amps to one amp that can power both subs, they did the same thing and ended up blowing one of his subs it could have been something else, but not much investigation is needed when you see the gain maxed out almost and bass boost maxed
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.