Sundown Audio

Would These Amps Be Good For This?

Jeremy1998

I am going to be running 3 Fi Q 10's. They are going to be fully loaded with all of those power increasing accessories. I am going to have one amp for each, or 3 total amps.

I was going to do Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP's, but that's WAAAAY to expensive. I am now looking at hifonics, because I have heard that they are pretty good.

I have 2 questions:

• Are Hifonics amps good?
  • Should I get the HFi1500D or HFi2000D?

I would assume that the 2kW is better, so that I have a lot of head room. BTW, I am going to get them from Sonic Electronix, so here are the links;

Hifonics HFi1500D

Hifonics HFi2000D

My god no. That line is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Look at the AQ2200

I looked... And then my wallet looked... And it went and hid. I am only 12... I am not doing this for me, I am doing it for my grandpa (coolest grandpa in the world to be running a system, I know...) At $400 each X 3, thats expensive for me.

just wondering why are you doing 3 subs??? wouldnt that give u a werid ohm load?? and not saying i dont believe you but i call bs on you being 12yrs old, becAuse when i as 12 i couldnt afford quaility equipment idk jus saying

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Get some Audiopipe 1500s or down grade your system. Three 10s with three amps seems like quite a undertaking for being so young. Start small and learn bro. Buy less expensive equipment so if something does goes wrong while you are installing and learning its not such a disaster. Just my opinion man.

just wondering why are you doing 3 subs??? wouldnt that give u a werid ohm load?? and not saying i dont believe you but i call bs on you being 12yrs old, becAuse when i as 12 i couldnt afford quaility equipment idk jus saying

I quote: " I am going to have one amp for each, or 3 total amps."

So it's like having 1 sub and 1 amp...

I am probably going to ask for the Fi's for my b-day or something. It's just that I'm the one that wants the system, not my grandpa... So I don't want to basically ask him to buy it all...

Also, I've heard that Audiopipe is crap a lot... So is it or not?

I quote: " I am going to have one amp for each, or 3 total amps."

So it's like having 1 sub and 1 amp...

I am probably going to ask for the Fi's for my b-day or something. It's just that I'm the one that wants the system, not my grandpa... So I don't want to basically ask him to buy it all...

Also, I've heard that Audiopipe is crap a lot... So is it or not?

i have the 1500w model, the ap15001d to be more specific. it works very well for my dc level 3's. theres also a few other members on here who run the exact same amp as me and have good things to say also. many people are saying "oh it outputs dirty power herp derp mer mer mer" yet when i hooked up my oscilloscope to it, the screen displayed a sine wave, like it should. so i didnt see any "dirty power" whatsoever

IMO you can't go wrong with the Hifonics HFI series. I had one hooked up at a half ohm and I was really impressed. Better than my old RF 1000.2 that birthed out at 1604rms bridged.

Edit: that was the HFI2000D

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Archived