my wifes sister kicked the bucket.....

addiction is part genetics

i have to respectfully disagree.

Actually, it's a fact that how addicted you become to something is,in fact, part of genetics. Just got done discussing this last semseter.

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/addiction/genetics/

But anyways, you should comfort your wife and not be so cold to HER about it, what did she do wrong? she really seems upset.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Sorry, I still have to disagree with addiction being genetic. Guess homosexuals also will have that "gay" gene. And the whole site is stressing susceptibility, not guarantees. Having these...addiction genes will not make you an addict...just a higher risk...which to me, in itself, is contradicting.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Sorry, I still have to disagree with addiction being genetic. Guess homosexuals also will have that "gay" gene. And the whole site is stressing susceptibility, not guarantees. Having these...addiction genes will not make you an addict...just a higher risk...which to me, in itself, is contradicting.

Higher risk, sure I agree, but you have to take into account your experiences also. What you experience and learn in life is very powerful and a determining factor on how you make decisions.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

n8, You and I have a lot of the same views.

Wanna be best friends?

wure e high five sent

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Guess homosexuals also will have that "gay" gene.

yeah if anyone ever tells me that someone being homosexual is hereditary, i will really tell them they are full of shit. seems that it would be impossible for homosexuality to be hereditary, as it would completely undermine how homosexuality works. please pardon my little pun there.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

n8, You and I have a lot of the same views.

Wanna be best friends?

wure e high five sent

i want one too.

Eww..I see where this is going. Someone's gonna be sore.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Don't sweat not giving a shit man. Some people view it as cold, others (like myself) view it as how something like this should be handled. A person that spends every waking moment worrying about themselves gets no sympathy. By the same token I think it's wishful thinking to think that her mother not bailing her out or the law tossing her in jail would make any difference. The girl obviously had issues and sometimes there isn't a damn thing anyone can do about it. The younger they are the harder it is to get through to them and as most of us know from first hand experience at that age the more someone pushed me the more I pushed back.

Just keep the negativity to yourself and friends. The person is gone now and it doesn't do anyone any good to dwell on mistakes that were made. Ultimately they where her choices to make, she made them, and now she's gone.

I've had friends try heroin at 19 and they wound up being hookers and fiends, but it was their life and their choice. It's easy to say "I don't want to be an addict", but doing something about it is a completely different story. Personally speaking I was on pain killers for a couple years and hit or miss over the years since (legally, I have had my knee rebuilt twice and scoped 6 times). I love painkillers, like LOVE THEM, but like alcohol things are only good in moderation and setting boundaries is how normal people keep things under control. The second you think about crossing those boundaries is the second you know something is about to go wrong.

Personally I see nothing wrong with people taking drugs. It's your body, your life, and your choice. If you want to kick back and smoke a joint I could care less. Take a rail here or there, pop a pill or two now and again, trip out, whatever that's your business, but the second you become an addict and start breaking laws and ruining other peoples lives that is the line in the sand.

Addicts are weak. They lack the control that some of us take for granted, but more importantly the fear that most of us carry; the fear of what could happen to our lives if we don't keep on top of things. I often hear things like "you have no idea what's like unless you've been there" which is a fallacy. Pretending that you don't have control is yet another fallacy. It's your choice to make and just like any other part of life if you fuck it up it's your problem and you don't get a pass just because you can't control yourself.

Good luck man and look after that wife. Just play the good guy and it will be over before you know it.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived