my wifes sister kicked the bucket.....

On a serious note though, blaming a drug addict for things they do is no different than blaming a diabetic for the things they have to do and go through. In both cases it's a sickness and in both cases it's one that can be brought on by bad choices the person has made and in both cases death is a likely outcome.

yeah keep tellin yourself that.

a person whos addicted to drugs has no willpower or self respect.. and in my eyes deserves no sympathy..

im sorry but a diabetic man isnt gonna rob you at gunpoint to get his fix of insulin!

when i had my foot surgery.. i was taking vicodin. i got immune to them real quick. and started feeling sick if i didnt have them. so i decided to not take them any more.. sure i liked the feeling.. but it wasnt worth it anymore having to take three 1000s in order to feel anything..

So a person who got diabetes by slammin' pizza and burgers everyday has willpower, self respect and deserves sympathy?

They didn't know it would cause a disease in their bodies by eating food. And many diabetics have eaten well their whole lives, it's just a genetic disorder.

When you try a drug for the first time, you are WELL aware of may occur and where it can lead.

diabetes is not jnust a genetic disorder, it c an also be obtained by overeating and become obese, which is normallyh becaus ea perosn has become addicted to food for whatever reason, whic is the only comparison can think of that makes sense is the addiction part

@SQmonte : there is also a disease where people cant stop themselves form eating, are you gonna say that falls in the same line as drug addiction

i believe if you make a choice for something to impact your life compared to it being pushed upon you, how can those be compared to each other

if you make the choice to start something, you more than likely can stop it, it might be harder, but damn it its your life, i know the old age argument, ive been smoking for 40 years and i just cant stop, screw that, ive seen worse addicts get cleaned up than someone who just smokes, its no different, the level of difficulty is much higher, but any person has the ability to make that decision, it boils down to will power, if they WANT to stop they will take the proper steps to do so

that still sucks that she passed. ive been down that road. was so bad with coke that i didnt do anything but stay home and rail up lines all day since i was on unemployement. it got to the point were my nose would not stop bleeding but i found myself still railing up line after line and staying up for days on end cuz i was addicted to it very bad. one day i just said this shit has to stop cuz it was getting very bad and i did what i had to to stop doing it. it was hard but i did it. like david said you dont understand unless you went down that road before. there are days i think about doing drugs again but i cant cuz i have a family now.

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

im diabetic and comparing the stuff i have to do as a diabetic to someone addicted to drugs is quit alarming, even if the diabetes is onset form obesity (which i find obesity a choice for most people) even then i dont see how it can be compared to a drug addict except for diabetes due to obesity is normally cause a person is addicted to food

my diabetes is hereditary and your telling me because i was born with something i am being compared to a drug addict, thats ridiculous

and if your referring to diabetics that have to take shots, then that still isnt the same, the shots mean life por death to many diabetics, drugs only mean that because the person thin ks it does because they are3 addicted, as state3d the chick was in rehab multiple times, she obviously didn't want to stop, when the times comes for me to check into rehab for diabetes, ill let you kn ow your comparison matters

plus there are like 20 types of diabetes and a lot of it can be diet controlled such as mine, still how is that a comparison, thats a huge generalization your giving diabetics if you think its anything like a drug addict

#1 You got it hereditarily, that's quite a bit different from getting it by crushing double quarter pounders daily and gargling with a double thick shake to start your day. The comparison is quite valid WHEN YOU COMPARE HOW A DRUG ADDICT BECAME ONE AND HOW A DIABETIC (WHO BECAME ONE BY CRUSHING PIZZA EVERYDAY) BECAME ONE.

The similarity is they both snowballed out of control by making bad choices. If the addict hadn't smoked crack that time, and continued doing so then he wouldn't have become a crack addict. If the diabetic hadn't tasted how good that large supreme pizza tasted, and continued eating them then he wouldn't have become a diabetic.

So if you take it out of context and consider all the other types of diabetes and how they're contracted instead of the specific method of contraction I specified, yes it is a generalization.

So a person who got diabetes by slammin' pizza and burgers everyday has willpower, self respect and deserves sympathy?

They didn't know it would cause a disease in their bodies by eating food. And many diabetics have eaten well their whole lives, it's just a genetic disorder.

When you try a drug for the first time, you are WELL aware of may occur and where it can lead.

People don't know a fatty diet can lead to diabetes, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, etc? :orly3:

I clearly wasn't talking about people who have contracted diabetes due to genetics.

Cut the bullshit. Some are born that way, pizza and burgers has nothing to do with it. Its like smoking, just makes it more likely to get.

:rofl:

diabetes is not jnust a genetic disorder, it c an also be obtained by overeating and become obese, which is normallyh becaus ea perosn has become addicted to food for whatever reason, whic is the only comparison can think of that makes sense is the addiction part

We have a winner! That was the exact comparison I was making.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

But your comparisons are illogical. Can they snowball? Yes. Is it bad for you? Yes. Is it a sickness? No.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If it makes you feel any better I have no sympathy for a fat fuck who does nothing about it either. Im a firm believer in you control your own destiny. you dont want to be a fat fuck? dont eat like shit and exercise properly. IF you dont want to be an addict. Dont do drugs.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If it makes you feel any better I have no sympathy for a fat fuck who does nothing about it either. Im a firm believer in you control your own destiny. you dont want to be a fat fuck? dont eat like shit and exercise properly. IF you dont want to be an addict. Dont do drugs.

x2

Every now and then shit happens that you can't control, but in most cases its all on you.

So yeah, I have dealt with friends and family members who are addicts, I have seen how it controls them and how little control they have over it no matter how dire their condition is. I also understand that no matter how bad I want them to sober up, it's not gonna happen until they want it just as badly. I'm just blown away that he would come in here and be so cold and callous about it, not just here on the board but also in his response to his wife when she was freaking out about it and called him.

I understand we're simply debating our opinions on the matter, I'm not trying to brow beat anyone into feeling how I feel about it but I will defend my stance if need be. But i've said my part, i'm done.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Yeah ya'll have no clue, so im done here, can't talk to someone who has nooooooo idea what its like to be an addict, believe me when I say, no addict wants to be an addict.

believe me, i know what its like. all but the dead part........

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

sucks to hear stories like this

in this situation i think the only one to blame, is the mom. She kicked her out at 13, kept bailing her out of jail, knowing exactly what she was going to go do again. I think she was enabling her to keep her habit. :shrug:

the mom didnt kick her out.... she left. but yes, the mother enabled her over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived