slow240sx Posted January 3, 2011 Report Posted January 3, 2011 So I've had a few different amp setups in this car but I left a 100amp anl fuse in it and it won't pop. Am I just not drawing the power I think I am? Mids amp is old school phoenix gold with 30 amp fuse. Bass amp is autotek mx5000. Manual said to use a 200 amp anl but I figured I would keep smaller fuse till it pops. Its been 3 weeks and still going. Hitting 150 db on termpro so it is fairly loud. Sub is moving a lot so I'm assuming I'm making some power. Should I change out fuse assuming it could b defective? Its been in car for like 2 years without blowing. I should have about 2700 rms in power but I think it should b popping it. Or should I do nothing about it since there's no real problem? 99 GMC Suburban 2 Death Penalty 21" 2 Crescendo BC2000 Boston GT-42 Amp 6 Selenium 6w4p 4 Crescendo tweets Hi output cs144 alt Audiocontrol Epic-160 Pioneer DVD head unit
C-Fizzy Posted January 3, 2011 Report Posted January 3, 2011 Have you ever clamped your amplifier? under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
JJ. Posted January 3, 2011 Report Posted January 3, 2011 I very much doubt your amps EVER put out the actual rms they have while listening to music if you did a peak freq burp for say 10-15 seconds I am sure you would pop it then. JJ Alpine 9855r 2 x DC AUDIO LVL 4 18" 2 x Hybrid Audio Technologies L8 2 X Hybrid Audio Technologies L3 2 X Hybrid Audio Technologies L1 PRO 1 x SAZ 4500D 2 X SAX 50.4 AudioControl Matrix + AudioControl Epicentre 160 8 X hawker genesis deep cycle batteries
slow240sx Posted January 3, 2011 Author Report Posted January 3, 2011 Just bought a clamp meter for christmas so I will b checkin next weekend what kind of power I'm gettin. Also, I was doing some burping on the meter last weekend but only like 4 seconds per freq. 99 GMC Suburban 2 Death Penalty 21" 2 Crescendo BC2000 Boston GT-42 Amp 6 Selenium 6w4p 4 Crescendo tweets Hi output cs144 alt Audiocontrol Epic-160 Pioneer DVD head unit
dugee81 Posted January 3, 2011 Report Posted January 3, 2011 a fuse can hold up even when there is a mass amount of amperage running through it. shorts pull thousands of amps, and thats when the fuse will pop. 200a alt. by Excessive Amperage hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear 1/0awg + big 3 SAZ 3000D HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm
Andyvader Posted January 3, 2011 Report Posted January 3, 2011 I cant really help with your problem but You should post a video, im interested in the 150db's at 2700 rms alone. 2006 Malibu Maxx SS 4 sa 12's D2 2 audiopipe 3k's 4 UPS batteries 2 runs of 0awg Walled at 34hz How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."
Superjay Posted January 3, 2011 Report Posted January 3, 2011 it would take over 300 amps burst to blow that 100amp ANL...they are slow blow fuses...with what you have you WON'T blow it with music Principal JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it
slow240sx Posted January 3, 2011 Author Report Posted January 3, 2011 Ok, ill just leave it in there then. I carry a 200amp fuse in glovebox just in case 99 GMC Suburban 2 Death Penalty 21" 2 Crescendo BC2000 Boston GT-42 Amp 6 Selenium 6w4p 4 Crescendo tweets Hi output cs144 alt Audiocontrol Epic-160 Pioneer DVD head unit
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.