new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

hey tony got a few quick off topic questions for you... you only designed the 3sixty.1 and .2 right nothing with the .3? and any advice on ground loop with a .2? my new rcas seemed to have helped but theres still a some alt whine

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

hey tony got a few quick off topic questions for you... you only designed the 3sixty.1 and .2 right nothing with the .3? and any advice on ground loop with a .2? my new rcas seemed to have helped but theres still a some alt whine

one thing that will usually fix most whines...

connect a ground wire (I use 16awg) from the radio to ground, radio the the eq (if there is one), then eq to amp ground (with a normal ground for the amp of course)... in other words go in a complete line. If I'm doing any sq vehicle, I run an extra wire with the remote for this purpose so there is absolutely no chance of noise.

most whines are ground related... now there of course is the problem with running power wires with rca's or speaker wires, but I'm sure you know better than that. :)

Edited by PULSE CAR AUDIO

I am incredibly excited for this unit to come out...I will be sure to purchase it right away...

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

one thing that will usually fix most whines...

connect a ground wire (I use 16awg) from the radio to ground, radio the the eq (if there is one), then eq to amp ground (with a normal ground for the amp of course)... in other words go in a complete line. If I'm doing any sq vehicle, I run an extra wire with the remote for this purpose so there is absolutely no chance of noise.

most whines are ground related... now there of course is the problem with running power wires with rca's or speaker wires, but I'm sure you know better than that. :)

yes sir ill gladly post my ground list for you to cartique see if i missed anything thou. rcas were ran near speaker wire before power on the oppoiste side but now they are ran up the a pillar and on the roof. only "power" is dome light but i made sure to keep it so they dont come within 4+ in

100_0742_thumb.jpg

under the rear deck of my car is a ground d-block this has 2 1/0 runs to each battery(batteries in the trunk). each battery has a 2/0 ran to the "frame" of my unibody car and a run of 1/0 to the front, one to the case of my 2nd alt the other to the chassis ground of my second alt. second alt has a 2/0 chassis ground. 2 runs of 18g soldered to the radio harness ran to the dblock (twisted for good measure) a run of 16g per 3sixty.2 (2) 3 8g and 2 10g to the mids/highs amps off the dblock. sub amp has 2/0 straight to the battery and technically heatsink ground since the amp rack is metal and bolted to the trunk

Edited by emperorjj1

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

oh and i also have the metal behind the radio covered in second skin incase it touches the radio or rcas and i dont have an antenna plugged into the radio either

^^ I foresee a 'few' TDH guys stopping by lol

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread