Second Skin Audio

re xxx 12 thoughts and opinions

MACnonsence6

Haven't heard a lot of good things about TC Sounds, but the Xmax seams pretty minimal to me. I would look into something a bit better

Then you haven't heard anything about TC Sounds. TC is arguably the best name in car audio, period. Only people to argue are biased nuthuggers of some brand they ran without ever having touched a TC woofer. Everyone and their sister bought a piece of TC back in the day. Rockford, Eclipse, MA Audio, Soundsplinter; the list goes on and TC baskets are still the most desirable on the market. XXX are a real "wow" factor sub. They get low and sound great but if you want numbers than the XXX isn't for you.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

No, 30mm is good. I could put my 12's up against those any day I bet and blow them out of the water and they cost the same price. Not worth the money IMO

depends on your definition of blown away.

and name some drivers besides the XXX with more than 30mm xmax

Cheese ... u quoted all that and they were only talking about TC? Where in the blue hell were the talking about the xxx not being a "beast" sub? Awkward.

name a sub that has alot of XMAX

I'm not saying the xxx isn't good but why did you quote all that and it had nothing to do with what you said??? Plus the lms ultra is one.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Cheese ... u quoted all that and they were only talking about TC? Where in the blue hell were the talking about the xxx not being a "beast" sub? Awkward.

name a sub that has alot of XMAX

I'm not saying the xxx isn't good but why did you quote all that and it had nothing to do with what you said???

They asked what sub has alot of Xmax i stated it...

Haven't heard a lot of good things about TC Sounds, but the Xmax seams pretty minimal to me. I would look into something a bit better

Then you haven't heard anything about TC Sounds. TC is arguably the best name in car audio, period. Only people to argue are biased nuthuggers of some brand they ran without ever having touched a TC woofer. Everyone and their sister bought a piece of TC back in the day. Rockford, Eclipse, MA Audio, Soundsplinter; the list goes on and TC baskets are still the most desirable on the market. XXX are a real "wow" factor sub. They get low and sound great but if you want numbers than the XXX isn't for you.

Except Thilo is a complete prick and their customer service sucks monster ass. Thilo has had more bridge burnings single handedly than damn near the whole 12 volt industry. They were ahead of their time but whne was the last time they produced anything new? The industry has really passed them by.

Im not sure about the newer xxxs but the v1 v2 and v3s utilized xbl^2 technology(as well as the brahmas and others) That gave them monstrous low end output and jack shit above 45 hz or os. Regardless of box tuning. They will rip your face off below that though. Come prepared with a very stout midrange to compensate if you decide to run them.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

No, 30mm is good. I could put my 12's up against those any day I bet and blow them out of the water and they cost the same price. Not worth the money IMO

Look here, I've been doing this for over 14yrs. I don't have to explain anything, you should just know. No explanation needed.

"i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac

Except Thilo is a complete prick and their customer service sucks monster ass. Thilo has had more bridge burnings single handedly than damn near the whole 12 volt industry. They were ahead of their time but whne was the last time they produced anything new? The industry has really passed them by.

Im not sure about the newer xxxs but the v1 v2 and v3s utilized xbl^2 technology(as well as the brahmas and others) That gave them monstrous low end output and jack shit above 45 hz or os. Regardless of box tuning. They will rip your face off below that though. Come prepared with a very stout midrange to compensate if you decide to run them.

That is true, haha

Look here, I've been doing this for over 14yrs. I don't have to explain anything, you should just know. No explanation needed.

ok, its ok if you dont know,

You've been acting like a dick for over 14 years? So you're what, 20 years old then?

You said 30mm was minimal xmax and have nothing to back it up, now you're just trying to run away from your statement. Maybe you should do what your signature says?

edit - thats pointed at "outlaw" btw.. you ninja'd me fritosgirl :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Archived