grounding to rear seatbelt bolt

So the body ground or strut will be perfectly fine for you, as I said in the first place. Not trying to say I know everything because I sure don't, but all the people on here that say they have 20k and do 150 whatever, obviously you're not giving him info relative to his needs so why even chime in with insults and what nots anyways? Not everyone is shooting for beast ground pounding systems, so obviously what you did may be right for you, but not everyone.

So very true. But on the strut, I've had bad experiences. I was catching alot of feedback through mine when I had a ground there. But like you said, and i said, what works for me, might not work for you...vice versa. To the OP, when you post an open question like this, you get multiple options and opinions. Best thing to do, is pic the most suggested, try a couple, and see what works best for you. No one knows everything, and no one has tried everything. Its called trial and error.

mivtCK.png

Alright, so, there's many different ways to ground, as I just found out. Being that I'm only going to run an aq1200d, I think I'll be fine grounding to the strut tower, agreed?

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

where the fuck do you think your battery gets its ground from?

Some interesting info in here

3. Every ground in your car goes back to the - of the battery (technically it comes FROM the - of the battery, but that is a whole different topic)

I find it interesting that one team dbs member claims that the battery gets the ground from the vehicle, and another member says that the vehicle gets the ground from the battery.

:yahoo:

I find it interesting that one team dbs member claims that the battery gets the ground from the vehicle, and another member says that the vehicle gets the ground from the battery.

The battery is a ground on its own, and so is the vehicle. They can support a ground all own its own...both right.

mivtCK.png

:yahoo:

and? since we are one the same team one of us can't be wrong.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

OP, ground to the strut tower. I have it there, works great.

Thanks rebel, I'll give it a shot. Amp should be here on Wednesday.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Ive ran 3kwrms through the bolt on the seat with a 200a alternator and a crappy batcap and sustained 14v. You guys are elitists, as long as its a shaved good ground its perfect who cares if you get .05v higher and its atiny bit less resistance, I dont want to run 40ft of 0/1 through my car for that. I'd rather run a 4ft wire to my seat bolt with the SAME outcome instead of wasting time and money and getting frustrated running tons of huge wire.

Im running 2kw right now off my seat bolt and I didnt even shave the ground and it runs perfectly fine.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

The battery is a ground on its own, and so is the vehicle. They can support a ground all own its own...both right.

The term ground is kinda not correct. IIRC the car is actually a groundless system. The circuit flows from - to +

The - terminal of the battery is the starting point of the car's entire electrical circuit.

(ps-this ignores the alternator part of the equation.)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

The term ground is kinda not correct. IIRC the car is actually a groundless system. The circuit flows from - to +

The - terminal of the battery is the starting point of the car's entire electrical circuit.

(ps-this ignores the alternator part of the equation.)

I'm being basic here man...I'm pointing out that a vehicle frame does not need to be connected to a battery to become a negative. Go unhook your negative post on your car...take a test light, touch it to the pos side of your bat, then to a bare metal on your car. Light still comes on, with no battery grounding the vehicle.

mivtCK.png

Archived