Sonic Electronix

Im more inclined to look at midrange builds

I agree with sammich ! in my opinion there is more variety with a mid level build . more companys offer products at that level .

It is more rare to see people do a real build with lower end stuff. I generally don't look because when I do there is a prefab box and magically installed stuff. :pardon:

Just keep in mind there are bigger builds that user lower end stuff like HiFonics, Kicker, etc. Those brands are better for people new to car audio simply because their warranty is better. Often times people talk crap about them, but I for one have 3 12W6's from 99 that have been beating ever since on a MMATS 1400.2 amp (at .7ohms) from 98. ;) That's 2x rated power... No complaints here.

You can get Kicker, JL, and the rest cheap, you just have to haggle. Don't forget that most shops pay half or less of what they are trying to charge you.

Prefab box? I don't know what you're talking about? The hifonics one I saw was two of them in a custom built box I believe? or was the a prefab? Looked custom to me. I can see how a 150+ is gratifying but the cost and work to get there almost makes it not as gratifying... When you start out with a single 10" off crappy power in a prefab and work your way to 145+ in 1 upgrade or even two from the knowledge you've gained it just seems more gratifying ive had 6 different builds and so far im the least happy with my 18" and the BEST build ive done so far. It just seems so bland and normal now in comparison. I like when people can make two xplods as loud as two DC's just cause of their install I dont know theres a ton of variables but Merk said it best, just more companies in mid/entry level offer more, once you're into $400 subwoofers the options seem to drop and everyone has the same thing.

and im talking about build logs , not just overall the end result... I like to see a newbie come on here gain knowledge from us and build then more often than not the shit wangs in the end and they're so happy it just seems awesome compared to OH another DC wall or oh another SMD doing 10,000rms its cool but I dont know it just doesnt pull me in like it did, of course when I first got to this site with my two 15" kickers I was wowed by that stuff ubt now that I have 147+ db's off a singe 18" it doesnt excite me anymore. and it excites me even less cause now when I get in my friends cars I dont even enjoy the bass unless its ripping my ears off.

I hear ya, but in my own defense, there aren't that many with SMDs. That and not to toot our own horns, but mine will do around 46 on 2kw (I'm not talking clamped at whatever load my subs are kicking out, I'm talking rated power). That's far from 10kw ;)

I can understand them being boring, but mine was far from boring unless you don't think seeing someone have amps blow the hell up for no reason, getting ripped off, having alts blow up, wires melt down, and the rest is boring :drinks:

EDIT: 46 not 48 >.<

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Maybe its more easily related to you. You can relate to those because you've nevr gone huge. Can't appreciate what goes into it because you've need attempted. This is what makes a place like this so great. You get verything you could imagine for variety in one spot. Different strokes for different folks. And different bass for different people

Ps if I come off as a dick it's not intended. Im on mu phone and I can't stand typing on it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I do a 147 off 1500RMS without clean signal (i drop to like 11.5-12v full tilt) I'm upgrading to another 18" this summer and another 1500RMS so trust me I am going "big" I m not talking about xplods and stuff like that ONLY I'm saying a subwoofer that costs $100 in a box built can sound louder than a $300 subwoofer in a crappy box and that is what intices me into audio. I've heard 150+ systems and ones that rock my head off, I'm just saying the build process isn't as interesting because this site is mostly elitist and almost ALL you see is big builds. DC Wall here, Fi wall there, Tahoe here, Yukon there. I like seeing someone take a 10" in a CRX and get 150dB and only spend $1000. I guess what I'm getting at is, its just more interesting seeing newbies do work and come out ontop or seeing small cheap systems being very effective, I have seeing $10,000 systems doing a 155+ all days its not that amazing or suprising to be honest. First thing I think of when I see "4 18" walled 20,000rMS" is ok another 155+ in an SUV big whoop. then I turn around and see some dude that at the same level of know how as me with a 1,000$ system doing almost the same score its LIKE dude thats COOL AS HELL :D and btw prefab or not those hifonics WANG in that car I was suprised hence what made me more interested :D

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I be what you're saying its the underdog thing

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I do a 147 off 1500RMS without clean signal (i drop to like 11.5-12v full tilt) I'm upgrading to another 18" this summer and another 1500RMS so trust me I am going "big" I m not talking about xplods and stuff like that ONLY I'm saying a subwoofer that costs $100 in a box built can sound louder than a $300 subwoofer in a crappy box and that is what intices me into audio. I've heard 150+ systems and ones that rock my head off, I'm just saying the build process isn't as interesting because this site is mostly elitist and almost ALL you see is big builds. DC Wall here, Fi wall there, Tahoe here, Yukon there. I like seeing someone take a 10" in a CRX and get 150dB and only spend $1000. I guess what I'm getting at is, its just more interesting seeing newbies do work and come out ontop or seeing small cheap systems being very effective, I have seeing $10,000 systems doing a 155+ all days its not that amazing or suprising to be honest. First thing I think of when I see "4 18" walled 20,000rMS" is ok another 155+ in an SUV big whoop. then I turn around and see some dude that at the same level of know how as me with a 1,000$ system doing almost the same score its LIKE dude thats COOL AS HELL :D

I agree with ya in some respects, but not all of the guys are elitist and I don't find any fart box score impressive. No offense intended to anyone, but that isn't my thing. If they aren't on music I don't care. :pardon:

Doing a 50+ at 50hz isn't impressive at all to me. There are guys doing 70's the same way... That isn't my bag personally, if you aren't doing it on music I could care less. I do however 100% agree that it's cool as hell to see guys put up big numbers on lower end stuff or 1/5th the power.

and btw prefab or not those hifonics WANG in that car I was suprised hence what made me more interested :D

I might have been looking at the wrong one... You talking about the one with the video you posted in right?

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

UNDERDOGS RULE! no offense to anyone but I feel more work is put into a low budget build than a smd 18 in a geo doing 150s . I look at it as more of a test of ones ability when working with entry level stuff and making it loud on music

hopeful noob

UNDERDOGS RULE! no offense to anyone but I feel more work is put into a low budget build than a smd 18 in a geo doing 150s . I look at it as more of a test of ones ability when working with entry level stuff and making it loud on music

:werd_msword:

i love big builds too but i love to see smaller ones with lower level stuff cause i know for some people its harder to get/save money than other, or dont know how to build a wall or stuff like that.

i hit 140.7 yesterday night, and all my stuff has been either hand downs, left overs and other stuff.

i feel for the other guys that are starting or going small/midsized, here's to you :drinks:

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

:werd_msword:

i love big builds too but i love to see smaller ones with lower level stuff cause i know for some people its harder to get/save money than other, or dont know how to build a wall or stuff like that.

i hit 140.7 yesterday night, and all my stuff has been either hand downs, left overs and other stuff.

i feel for the other guys that are starting or going small/midsized, here's to you :drinks:

B):drink40:

Edited by merk_master

hopeful noob