Second Skin Audio

enclosure thickness

LsChevy

Adding 45's may not add bracing to the large flat boards, but it DOES give you more corner strength because it gives you 3 times the glued surface area in the corners. The 45's hardly do anything in terms of bracing though. Just my thoughts...

That's the point. One Moto has yet to come in and prove. No one said 45s are useless. The point was 45s are not in fact bracing an enclosure

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That's the point. One Moto has yet to come in and prove. No one said 45s are useless. The point was 45s are not in fact bracing an enclosure

did i ever say just add 45,s and no bracing , i said put in some 45,s AND some bracing , the 45,s will make the corners of the box very strong , it will help from the corners coming apart, , when this site first came out , it was pretty cool, everyone would just share they thoughts and comments , now days some members get it to a pissing match over opinions , in the wold of car audio there are many was to accomplish a task, there are some things that are fact, then there are options , some opinions you may not like , but its just that someones opinion , like i have stated before , there is many ways to build a box .........

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

My explorer box it´s built with 1" thick and has 2 thread rods .75" each one, that thing is strong as hell, but, depends on the application, i used 1" because i found it on a very good price, but i always use 3/4" with great succes, my swift´s box is built with that thickness and double baffle, 8 months doing hairtricks and it´s playing like the first day :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

did i ever say just add 45,s and no bracing , i said put in some 45,s AND some bracing , the 45,s will make the corners of the box very strong , it will help from the corners coming apart, , when this site first came out , it was pretty cool, everyone would just share they thoughts and comments , now days some members get it to a pissing match over opinions , in the wold of car audio there are many was to accomplish a task, there are some things that are fact, then there are options , some opinions you may not like , but its just that someones opinion , like i have stated before , there is many ways to build a box .........

Sigh...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

....:facepalm:....lacking comprehension lacks comprehension.

Please tell me what your 45s do...let alone what are they designed to accomplish.

first of all i really hope that facepalm doesn't mean you want to slap me , second you should retake you geometry class from high school and take note on the strength of triangles , LET ME MAKE THIS VERY CLEAR TO YOU , there are many many ways to build boxes , every box builder has there own way , it may be your OPINION that 45,s don't work or you may not like them , but its just that YOUR OPINION, if you can show me your "IM THE BEST SPEAKER BOX BUILDER IN THE WORLD "certificate , then ok until then let people share what has worked for them,

why dont you make a post with your boxes in it? Surely if youve built as many as you say you have you'll have pictures.

here you go

062.jpg

063.jpg

box15003.jpg

chomobile.jpg

CRAIG051.jpg

DODGE04003.jpg

DODGE04007.jpg

DODGE04022.jpg

CHECK OUT MY YOU TUBE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/user/motoxxx211?feature=mhee

[/size]

Probably threaded rod...

Cheaper, and it won't leave a big honkin' nut hanging outside your box...it's actually pretty simple, but I'd never seen anyone use it in a build before.

Use 1.5" dowels cut 1.5" shorter than the span you're having to cover. Cut two 3" diameter circles(really easy with a hole saw) and put one at each end of the dowel, just use adhesive. Then glue to the walls you're bracing and screw all the way into the dowel so that you get a good 3/4-1" in there at the least(the 2.625" coarse thread drywall screw work great). This works really well from what I have seen, gives a large bracing point that won't flex, does not restrict air flow, and takes up very little volume...pretty cheap too compared to threaded rod+big washers+nuts. It takes a little longer to do but it's worth it IMO. And not having ugly rod+nuts on the outside of your box is a big plus.

thanks for the idea!!!

img00028201102041925.jpg

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Well from my very little experience with box building. My first box flexed ALOT!! No bracing at all and made from 3/4" mdf slot port for 2 12" Type R's on 1k. Built a new box, doubled up the front baffle so the front where the subs are is 1.5" and the rest is 3/4. Practically no flex, sounds amazing! built another box for a friend with 1 15" and about 800 rms 3/4 the whole way around, no bracing but no flex!

Long story short

Never used 45's still sound great, i'm not looking for numbers though.

I would suggest bracing but for a small system you don't need much.

Again I have very little box experience but I doubt the OP has much either.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Archived