How To Properly Fuse Amps and Rear Batteries

Did it Help  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did this Guide Help You?

• Yes - Thanks :D
    • No - Still Confused :( (Post Why So I Can Help)
    • Didn't Need the Help (Already Know How)
    • I am stupid! Why am I here?

you're explaining things poorly. people argue with me constantly because they only know what they've been told. I have to explain why they're wrong, and explain the truth in such a way that they understand...simply stating a fact doesn't mean you are believable. I've been doing this a LONG time. that lends credence to my argument. you are a nobody who just came out of the woodwork with your nose so far in the air and such an ego about you that no one wants to listen...right or wrong you come off as an asshat.

no, the issue is people don't read or comprehend properly. :shrug:

idk, but in reality, it doesnt hurt to fuse the amps, its like a whole 4 bucks with a fuse holder, all depends I guess, you can make a fuse holder with 2 bolts and a fuse, ha ha

It might be because its the Warhorse?

Its just a huge ass amp and I guess it would take a 1000 amp fuse. LOL

I can see why they wouldn't say anything about the Warhorse. its just a different beast and I doubt that they thought people without experience would be buying it.

They probably thought people that bought it would know what they were doing.

I mentioned the Warhorse, because it's what I've got and I wanted an extreme example. I rummaged through the kicker manuals online and none of them state putting a fuse next to the amp. They all mention putting a fuse with in 18" of the battery. A second fuse isn't a big deal like ^^^ mentioned, although a pair of bolts and a fuse kind of defeat the purpose. A good fuse holder and fuse run about $12. In my build I need 15 fuse holders and fuses. That's for 4 alts, 4 runs of 1/0 to the back, 4 fuses up front and 4 just before the battery bank. Lastly three for the three runs of 1/0 to the amp. Add them up, 15. 15 times $12 is $180. The last thing you want is to be spending money on extras that don't help. Think about it. If an extreme amp like the Warhorse comes with a manual and that manual out lines what you need. Why do anything other than what the manual says? The second fuse by the amp isn't necessary.

And the wx manual goes into depth with wiring schematic... Tells you recommended amounts of batts, alts and fuses and how to wire it all. If it were necessary to add that fuse they would of added it. They didn't leave that part out because they assume the consumer knows what theyre doing. That would be costly in warranty repairs. They have to assume all consumers are dumb. And explain every part to them.

you win some, you lose some

you're explaining things poorly. people argue with me constantly because they only know what they've been told. I have to explain why they're wrong, and explain the truth in such a way that they understand...simply stating a fact doesn't mean you are believable. I've been doing this a LONG time. that lends credence to my argument. you are a nobody who just came out of the woodwork with your nose so far in the air and such an ego about you that no one wants to listen...right or wrong you come off as an asshat.

no, the issue is people don't read or comprehend properly. :shrug:

no, if you explain something in a such a way that people don't understand then the problem is YOU.

listen, son...basically you have enough knowledge to be dangerous. enough knowledge to stop listening to anyone else. enough knowledge to SOUND like you know what you're talking about....you don't. STFU and read more.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

no, if you explain something in a such a way that people don't understand then the problem is YOU.

listen, son...basically you have enough knowledge to be dangerous. enough knowledge to stop listening to anyone else. enough knowledge to SOUND like you know what you're talking about....you don't. STFU and read more.

lol.

i may as well ask, what were you having trouble comprehending? :)

not this all over again :nea:

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

if you really want I'll do a test and video it to show that the rear fusing won't blow any faster than the front, and its just silly to think it would!

Make the video please :)

if you really want I'll do a test and video it to show that the rear fusing won't blow any faster than the front, and its just silly to think it would!

Make the video please :)

x2

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Some elevator music while I wait on TheyDontWantMusic 's Video.

Archived