Ridiculous speeding ticket..

Was it during school hours? Cuz if it wasn't then by law it is no longer a school zone and the speed limit goes back to what the rest of the streets speed limit it.

im pretty sure it was around the time that school gets out...im just stupid and i never use that road. So as soon as i turned onto it and switched lanes i got pulled over, didnt really have time to think straight

Were there kids walking around?

Cuz if you get an attorney he can find ways around it most likely.

... you get away without pay the fine, but now you'll have to pay an attorney... hmmm

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

I would definately NOT take your friend with you. Thats just a big no-no. Dont fight it, cuz 8O% of the time, you WILL lose it. I would just accept the ticket, and ask for a reduced fine seeing as how its your first ticket.

i too wouldnt bring your buddy, seems like the kind of guy that would turn it into a pissing match that would piss the judge off instead of you going in there, being calm, explaining your situation, and hopefully getting away with a smaller fine and/or community service/payments

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

Generally you can pay like $25.00 a month until the ticket is payed off.

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

I'am hearing a lot of youngins chime in with answers that don't sound right, or other people that just dont know the system. But I'am sure your state is no different than California ( if your outside of cali)

$400 - School zone during hours Nothing Ridiculous about this at all- PAY ATTENTION ( would have been at least half that after hours - This IS the same if not worse than the Construction zones )

Have to have full amount at time of the court hearing- Wrong, who is going to arrest a 17yr old for a minor problem- Payment plan will always be an option

Community Service- Every state has this, or the county jails would be over packed

Don't even worry, expect to pay the $400 over time, maybe 4 payments or 6 payments- easy

Insurance, well yeah, your screwed, that age, with a double speed violation, almost anyways. And you cant just drop insurance, you have to have something. Better get Eastwood, or one of those other late night commercial insurance companies

I say the worst that would happen is community service, or revoked license, but I doubt that even

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

take it to court, you have to have the $400 in hand but 99% of the time the cop doesnt show up and he cant defend his side of the story because he really doesnt care if u have to pay it or not, he'll just pull someone else over instead of goin through all of it, but just incase he does show and u lose your case u have to pay them on the spot, i've gotten 3 speeding tickets where i was honestly speeding 75 in a 60 and 2 50's in 30's, and i was speeding and got pulled over, but i took it to court all 3 times and the cop didnt show any time and i got away all 3 times, try it out, just make sure you go with cash

thats a gross exaggeration. i would put it closer to 50% at best. you WILL lose in court so the advice of admiting guilt and why you made your mistake would get you the furthest.

when you go to the court to "pay" the ticket and pleade not guilty they will make a court date. at this time you must pay bail, the same price as your ticket. if your fine is reduced in court you will get a refund off your bail. at least that's how it's worked when i got my speeding ticket. its more like your in line to buy tickets to a really crappy show that no one wants to go to lol.

its funny that only people who are caught doing something illegal bitch about the justice system/cops.

oh ya, go to traffic school so your insurance wont go up. if your going to get insurance in the next 3 years it'll still be there.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

wow that sucks about the fine. if it were me i would honestly just pay the fine, and get on with life. im 17 but make a bit more than u seem tooso thats what i would do, so in your case i agree with what the others have been saying, try take it to court and get it reduced, if that doesnt work, im sure u could survive with paying the small payments every month or fortnight.

best of luck man

Honda Accord SirT + Mad sounds = Awesomeness

VTEC go BRAAAAAPPPP :P

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141261-99-accord-sirt-sq-build/

Alright well i never done the big 3 so i see in my vision my truck on fire...

wow that sucks about the fine. if it were me i would honestly just pay the fine, and get on with life. im 17 but make a bit more than u seem tooso thats what i would do, so in your case i agree with what the others have been saying, try take it to court and get it reduced, if that doesnt work, im sure u could survive with paying the small payments every month or fortnight.

best of luck man

ya, i fought my ticket hard, lost, and still got the fine reduced.

did you really just say "fortnight"?? :lol:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Guess you just need to get another job or get some more hours or something. Don't know what kind of place you make 150 a week at but damn, the corner must not pay like they used too. And for future reference, i can understand not seeing the school zone, but that just comes with paying attention to your surroundings.

Archived